𝟏𝟑 𝑈𝑛𝑟𝑎𝑣𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔

Valerie Ace Monroe

tw: this chapter mentions suicide, SA, and abuse

Enjoy the chapter :)

Hide and.... well hide.

That's the game Ezra and I have been playing, hiding from each other, no seeking.

After the mission two days ago, we've been avoiding each other, and only actually talked to one another if it's about a mission.

He still makes me over the moon angry- but he's not too unbearable to be around.

I reload my gun, aiming it back at the target on the other side of the room.

I tap my foot to the music, Cherry Bomb blasting through the speakers.

I take a deep breath, pressing the trigger. Shooting perfect shots- the bullets hit the dummies head, heart, and groin.

I hear as someone turns down my music, lowering the volume to a low whisper.

I don't even bother to turn around, knowing perfectly well who it is just by the intoxicating scent that follows him.

Looks like he found me.

I aim my gun at the next target, "what do you want" I say in a way of greeting, my voice not coming with the bite I hoped.

"You've been avoiding me" his low voice muses, curiosity and amusement laced in it.

I pull the trigger, sending five pullets flying and hitting my target, "I can say the same about you".

I click on the safety- putting the gun down on the table in front of me, and spinning around to face him.

I lean my back on the table, raising my chin higher, "you're interrupting my me time, Artorino"

This time he chuckles, lowering his head down before looking back up at me, his tongue poking out in the corner of his lip.

"Your me time, Ace, is shit."

I roll my eyes, "and I suppose how you spend your free time is any better?" I snap back.

He shrugs a shoulder, "I don't know, you can come find out and see for yourself in-" he lifts up his wrist to look at non-existent watch, "15 minutes. We are all going to Bens"

I turn back around, placing the safety goggles back on my nose, "no".

"No?" He raises a brow.

"Yes, no." I repeat, palming the gun.

"And whys that".

I scoff, clicking off the safety on the gun.

"Because we cant- I can't be around you. We have to stay professional" I explain, slightly cringing at my own sentence.

He let's out a hum before leaning forward, reaching out his hand and grabbing my gun, placing it back on the table before saying, "look, it's either you come on your own will, or I fuckin carry you out myself. And the last time I did that you left marks on my back from punching it." His lips form into a chastire smirk, amusement swirling in his blue eyes, "up to you".

I look at him, raising my chin higher to challenge him. But I give in just by looking at that smile for too long.

I close my eyes, cursing at myself under my breath, "I'll need 30 minutes".

His smirk grows, "you got 25"

I snarl, strutting out the door to my bedroom to find better clothes for Ben's.