Chapter Thirteen

13

-

If I make one wrong move, the price could be my life. "Savannah!" I yelled for her. "I'm trying! I'm trying!" She called back out into my ear. I frantically looked around at all the halls. "Savannah, I really need you." I started panicking.

And that's when I heard a scream full of pain.

"Dan!" I yelled and ran towards where I heard it from. "Silent! Wait! You don't know if it was recorded or not!" Savannah yelled but I ignored her. I didn't care. My body took over my mind and I continued to run. "Ashley, please! It's a trap!"

"But it sounded so real!" I yelled back. "Ashley! I've got the cameras back! Don't go down that way!"

I stopped and almost fell forward. She could be lying. "Right around that corner is a group of agents, all with guns pointing at the bend. You're dead if you go around there. It's one of the dead ends."

"Pun intended?" I laughed. But it wasn't a normal laugh. It was a cold and empty laugh. Savannah didn't find it very funny. "Shut up and run you idiot!"

I turned back around as she tried to switch to another camera. Like before, it seemed to take forever. I heard my footsteps echo through the halls.

Then there were running footsteps behind me.

And then gunshots.

I dived into a room and slammed the door shut behind me. The bullets echoed through the building and bounced off the walls. "They're shooting at you before you even made it to the end of the hall!" Savannah said with anger in her voice. "Whoever makes the rules clearly doesn't want to follow them." I replied and searched the room for a different way out.

"Savannah! Help me!" I yelled at her. She seemed panicked. "Ash, you need to get out of there now!" She yelled back. Before I could do anything, I went flying backwards. My ears started ringing and my vision became blurry.

Savannah started speaking but her voice was static and breaking out. I could only make out certain words. "**Ash... **move**.... **o*kay?.... **Agent... *they're**.... **Bomb* ... **Go!... **You h*ave t*o m**..."

That was all I needed to get up and try to run. I heard gunshots and yelling but I could barely make out anything. I turned and shot the very little amount of people that I could see in my half blind/half deaf state.

The whole wall was blown out and on fire. My eyes widened. The scene was mostly white for me but I could just see the outside of the remaining wall and the fire. I turned and ran out of the back door that I failed to notice until I had gotten back up.

As the smoke cleared I could hear them calling out my name. Then one voice yelled "Open fire!" and I quickly dove into the room, quickly closing the door behind me. There were loud gunshots behind me.

I then faintly heard footsteps behind the door and my hearing started clearing. I put my hand up to my ear and felt a warm liquid. I instantly knew it was blood.

I took out the bloody ear piece and threw it to the ground. I was left without Savannah's help to find Dan. My hearing came back and my vision fully cleared. Then something crossed my mind: the yell of pain was a recording... but all recordings had to come from somewhere.

My eyes widened at this realization and I turned to find another door to run out of when there was a pressure on my back. The sound of a gun loading echoed through the room and a familiar female voice spoke.

"Don't move, Silent." Rose hissed.

-