Chapter 8

"I-uh I need to tell you something..."I start off. "Of course, anything" he says with those beaming green eyes. He clutches my hand which makes me smile. I start off telling him everything since the first day of school, and I continue from there. It takes me about 15 minutes to tell every detail, and well, I suck at explaining.

When Im finished, he looks at me for a few minutes as if he's trying to read my facial expression and find out how im feeling. He finally speaks. "I- I have to go" he says.
He gets up and walks away the opposite direction of me. Okay, that was weird.
He usually leaves when he's hiding something, which means he probably knows something I dont.

Im about to go talk to him, when the bell rings. Im gonna have to talk to him another time.

Wow, this literally couldnt get worse.
My phone starts to ring, im about to decline it when I see its my mom who's calling.
She only calls during real emergencies.
I answer it.
Hello mom?
Honey, I need you to call the cops and come home right now.
Mom whats going on?
Sweetie, we dont have much time.
Call ended
Okay, im offically worried. I skip class, dial 9-1-1 and head home.

In the car, I explain what my mom told me to the operator. She tells me there sending over someone immediately.
I park in the driveway and rush inside my house.
I cautiously enter through the front door.
I need to find my mom. Now.
When I walk into the kitchen, I cant believe my eyes.
My mom is surrounded by a pool of blood.
She's dead.
I sink to my knees and let the tears roll down my eyes.
Somebody murdered my mother and robbed my house. "You should have come sooner if you wanted her to live" a voice behind me says.
I turn around.
I see a masked figure.

He killed my mother.