Chapter 13

Waking up in the morning, I find Katherine downstairs talking on the phone with someone.

"Yeah sure, by love you grandma" she says and hangs up the phone

"Morning " I say as I rub my eyes.

"Morning, I was gonna go grab us some breakfast. You wanna come with me?" she questions

I nod my head and grab my phone and jacket before leaving the door with her by my side.

Walking down her walkway, we head into the car parked in the newly paved driveway.

After settling in she asks," Do you wanna go to Dunkin Donuts?"

"Sure," I respond

Katherine lives about 10 minutes away from the Dunking Donuts on Sycamore Ave, so for the most part the car ride is pretty quiet.

Checking my phone, I see multiple missed calls and messages from Jake.

Jake: Hey call me when you get a chance, we need to talk its important.

I stare at the screen for a few seconds wondering what he could possibly want to talk about.

Katherine must've noticed my expression. "Are you okay? " she asks with slight concern in her voice.

I nod my head and wait until she pulls into the parking lot of Dunkin Donuts.

The parking lot only has one or two cars parked in it so, we pretty much park anywhere.

Walking into Dunkin, I take out money from my pocket just in case she doesnt have enough with her.

I scan the place to see if there are any tables available. For the most part all the tables all available except for one or two in the back.

"What would you like ma'am?" the blonde haired lady asks my as I approach the counter.

"I'll have a mocha iced coffee and a tuna crossaint"

After ordering, I pay and move to the side to collect my order. Then, I wait for Katherine to order and we grab a table.

She digs right into her chicken salad sandwhich, and I do the same with my crossaint.

Halfway through my sandwhich, someone walks into to Dunkin.

I cant catch a glimpse of their face, but I know the voice sounds familular.

" I'll have a bagel with butter and a bottle of water " the person says.

Then it hits me. I know exactly who this guys is.

He always orders the same thing everytime we go out to breakfast.

This guy is Jake.

He can't know I'm here and Katherine cant know he's here or else she'll talk to him. And let me tell you, im in no mood to see my attractive friend tall to my best guy friend who I like.

I look down at the table to avoid him, but unfourtunately, my plan doesn't work for long.

"Ari, is that you?" he approaches the table im sitting at with his order in his hands.

Katherine looks up, almost startled to see him.

" Oh um hey, Jake " Katherine says before I can reply.

Her cheeks are rosy red and her voice is shaky as well as her hands. She clams her mouth and it suprisingly makes her look adorable; I get even more jealous.

"Oh, hey Katherine. Whats are you guys doing here?" he asks this time turning to me as well.

"We had a sleepover last night and we decided to get breakfast this morning" I answer.

Its silent for a while until Katherine says she's going to the bathroom and that she'll be back soon.

Great. Its just me and him now.

I try not to look at him but I know he's looking at me and watching my every move.

"Ari, why haven't you answered my calls?" he asks almost mad

"Why haven't you eaten lunch with me these past few days?" I throw at him

He doesn't look at me and it becomes silent for a minute or two.

"Im sorry" he finally says

" I dont think you get it, Jake, you're my best guy friend and you basically have been ignoring me these past days. A simple sorry isn't going to fix anything." I snap at him as I get up to throw out my trash.

He follows me and waits until I turn around, and he hugs me as if he's afraid I'm going somewhere and never coming back.

" I didn't mean to hurt you." he murmurs.

"Then why did you?"

"I'm afraid"

"Of what"

"Denial"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm afraid you will deny what I ask you"

"What are you going to ask me thats so important?"

He hesitates.

"Ariana Rose Marceline will you go out with me?"

My heart skips a beat and I feel numb all over.

This is finally happening, the day I have been waiting for for the longest time is finally here.

Wait. Time. At that moment I realize its been a long time since Katherine left for the bathroom.

I caustiously turn around to see Katherine standing by the counter.

She's been watching this whole time.

I look into her eyes and find nothing but sorrow and hate.

Before I can say anything, she charges out the door and leaves me there.

Here I am, standing next to the guy of my dreams who's patiently waiting for an answer and there she is getting into the car not even looking back at me.

What do I do?