Chapter 11

I wake up in the morning to the smell of eggs and bacon. Hurriedly, I change clothes, apply a bit of makeup and make my way down the stairs.

I freeze.

My dad actually made breakfast.

He hasnt done that in a while and frankly I'm glad he made breakfast for once so I dont have to eat cereal again.

"Morning, sweetie" my dad says greeting me.

"Morning, breakfast smells great. Mind if I ask for a ride to school?" I ask curiosly.

I honestly didnt feel like driving today.

"Sure, lets just eat quickly so I can drive you" he states.

Halfway through breakfast, the doorbell rings. Wondering who would ring the doorbell so early, I head to the door. When I open it, I find Jake standing there with his car keys in one hand and his backpack in the other.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted uh - um a ride to school." he says nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

Its not like him to come to my house before school.

Or come to my house at all unless telling me.

Something must be wrong.

"Um, sure thanks. Im just gonna tell my dad, be right back" I tell him. He nods his head, and I quickly tell my dad Im getting a ride to school.

After putting away my dishes, I grab my backpack and phone and head towards the door.

Jake's still standing there and we walk out, closing the door behind me. I badly want to ask him what's wrong but it seems like a better idea to bring up the topic at lunch.

----------

After my last class before lunch, I go to my locker to get my money. When I turn around, I find Katherine standing behind me. Startled, I scream.

"Jeez, you scared me" I state while giggling a bit.

" Sorry, I didnt mean to. I was just wondering if you wanted to have a sleepover this Saturday?" she questions.

If I'm being honest, I havent had a sleepover since the third grade. And that, went absolutely horrible. When I was sleeping, the other girls drew a mustashe on me and put whipped cream on my hand. Although that was many years ago, I've declined all sleepover offers ever since. But this time, I felt different about my desicion. After all, we were gonna be the only ones at this sleepover. After pondering for a bit, I came to a decision.

"Sure, I would love to. What time?"

"7:00 would be perfect. Ill see you then, bye" she says while walking away.

Walking into the cafeteria, I spot Jake.

But wait. He's sitting with his other friends instead of me. Why?

Ever since the 2nd grade, me and Jake always sat next to each other at lunch. And when I say always, I mean always.

He needs to tell me whats wrong and soon.
After all, I'm his bestfriend and I need to complete this task.

Before it's too late.