Chapter 4

Alexa Eaton. My age, likes swimming, is a vegetarian, and has never eaten pizza before. Well at least thats what it says on her instagram page.

Iv'e never actually talked to Alexa before but I know exactly who she is. She sits at the back of the classroom in Mr. Harrison's Math class and never says a word.

She only talks the very few times, she's actually called on.

Her tan face, her messy black hair, the ways she plays with her thumbs.

I observe everything about her. The only words she ever says is when shes mumbling to herself. I cant quite make out all of the words, but I hear something about her family. I decide to start around there.

Mr. Harrison is quite strict about talking during class, so I wait till the end of the period.

After about 15 more minutes of Mr.Harrison's lecture the bell finally does ring. I grab my books and head her direction.

I approach her, the same way a person approaches a wild animal. Slowly and cautiously. She looks at me in a weird away. "Um hello?" she says unsure. When I realize how stupid I look I try to act myself again.

"Hi, Im Ariana" I say.

" Yeah I know." she responds

We begin a conversation. I learn she has 4 siblings, a dad and no mom. I notice she's not very confident in herself, which explains why I need to help her.

" What don't you like about yourself?" I ask

" Well besides my clothes, my face. " she responds quite bluntly.

Not really sure why she feels this way, I make a decision as to what to do.

Im gonna give her a makeover.