6- Shattered

"Lexi," I heard a faint voice say.

"Lexi," said the voice growing louder. I opened my eyes and looked around. Rafe stood next to the bed and looked down at me.

"Sarah went to go pick up Topper and Kelce," He said. I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"What are you doing today?" He asked laying next to me. I rolled on top of him and wrapped my arms around him, feeling the warmth of his body. He wrapped his hands around my shoulders.

"Sarah wants to go to this party tonight," I said resting my head on his chest.

"Hell no," he said bluntly. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up.

"What?" I asked looking up.

"You're not going to that party," he said looking at me. I slowly sat up.

"Why not?" I asked.

"The party is going to be full of pogues," he said.

"So?" I asked. He sat up our faces just inches apart.

"I don't want you around those pogues again okay?" He asked. I could sense the anger in his face. His fists were clenched.

"You don't get to tell me what to do," I said.

"I swear to God Lexi, I'm just trying to protect you," he said running his hands through his hair. His lip twitched as his actions grew more angry. I tried to conceal my fear.

"I can protect myself," I said getting off the bed.

"I just need you to avoid them okay? Especially the uh, the blonde one," Rafe said. I ran my hands through my hair.

"JJ? Are you being serious right now?" I asked storming towards the bathroom.

"I-I just want you to be mine okay? No one else can have you," he said walking towards me. I shut my eyes and leaned against the sink. I pursed my lips in anger. What he was saying was bullshit but there was a sense of love in it. He walked over to me.

"Maybe their not the ones I should be avoiding," I said as he now stood in front of me. He bit his lip and rubbed his forehead.

"You don't mean that," he said and slowly repeated it.

"Rafe you're scaring me," I said quickly as he stroked my hair. He kept repeating the same sentence.

"Rafe stop!" I yelled. I watched his expression change into pure anger as he drew his hand back and slammed it into the mirror behind me. My heart dropped and my ribcage stuttered as my breaths were choppy. He pulled back his hand as it dripped with blood. My jaw was dropped as I stood in shock.

"I-I love you Lexi," he said still staring at me. I swallowed hard as chills lined up my back. I wanted to run. He wasn't the same person as before. I wanted to run and hide but I didn't. I sighed and took a deep breath.

"Rafe," I whispered cupping his face with my hands. I stood with so much to say but I couldn't say anything. A tear fell from his eye.

"Please don't leave me," he repeated shaking. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. Trying not to let him see my fear. I pulled back and smiled at him. I placed a small kiss on his forehead.

" I won't," I said pulling away. He slowly nodded and quickly walked out of the room. I turned around and looked into the now shattered mirror. What was happening.