7- Blackout

I stared in the mirror and pulled an earring through my ear.

"So my brother told you not to go to the party and then slammed his hand in the mirror?" Sarah asked from in her closet.

"It was crazy," I said.

"God he needs to go back to his place," she said.

"Where is the party at?" I asked.

"I don't know some abandoned mansion near the beach," she said. After we were ready we walked downstairs. A frantic woman's voice rang out.

"We sent a search party okay?" Ward said.

"Dad?" Sarah asked as we approached him.

"Oh hey girls, you haven't seen Mrs. Grubbs husband by chance?" Ward asked. We both shook our head. We walked out the door and got into my car.

"He was friends with my dad and big John B," Sarah said putting on her seatbelt. I nodded. We pulled up at my house.

"Are you sure?" Sarah asked as I stared at the front door. I nodded reluctantly. We got out and walked inside. My dad looked out the back window and talked rapidly on the phone. My mom sat in the kitchen on her phone. I slowly walked towards the stairs. As we turned up the stairs I heard my mom begin to talk.

"Alexandra?" she asked. I slowly flipped around. I stared at her.

"I'm just getting my shit and leaving," I said.

"You can come back home, you don't have to act all tough," she said. I sighed.

"No, I'm getting my stuff and leaving," I said running up the stairs, Sarah behind me. I walked into my room and over to my closet. I grabbed my duffle bag from soccer and stuffed the rest of my clothes in it. Sarah packed everything in my bathroom in a suitcase along with some essentials in my room.

"Are you sure you don't want to move back in here? It's been a week," Sarah asked looking around. I shook my head and opened the door walking downstairs. As I walked towards the front door my dads footsteps echoed behind us.

"Alexandra please, your mother and I need someone here with us, you're our daughter," he said. I fought the tears forming in my eyes.

"Well I don't need her so no I will not stay here any longer," I said walking out the door dragging my bags. I threw them in the back of my car and got in the drivers seat with Sarah in the passenger. My mom and dad walked outside.

"Alexandra please," my mom said wearily walking over to my car. Sarah looked at me as I put the car in reverse and turned up the music. I drove out of the driveway and down the street. The sun slowly set as I drove to the abandoned mansion for the party.

"What if Rafe finds out we went?" I asked.

"Screw my brother," Sarah said unbuckling her seatbelt. I tilted my head back on the headrest and shut my eyes. I flinched at a light ponding on my window. I opened my eyes to see JJ.

"What the fuck?" I asked rolling down the window.

"You and Sarah, we need, you need, fuck this shit," he said out of breath and stuttering.

"JJ take a breath and speak," I said as he looked back at the rest of his friends. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"We're all going to fucking die," JJ said looking me straight in the eyes.