19- Waves

I sat on the couch next to JJ. Pope looked at a map on the kitchen counter. I looked up as I heard the front door swing open. Kie walked in and smiled at us.

"Rafe's at his house, Rose is helping him get all healed or whatever," Kie said walking over to us. She hugged JJ and I with relief.

"I thought you guys were dead," she said sighing.

"What the hell do we do now," JJ asked looking out at the sun setting.

"Are they going to be okay?" I asked setting my head on my knee.

"John B will protect her, I promise," JJ said setting his hand on mine. I looked up at him and smiled faintly. The wholesome moment was interrupted when a loud bang at the door erupted. My mind instantly assumed it was Rafe.

"Police!" A voice yelled. We all looked at each other.

"Let me answer," I said standing up and walking over to the door. I took a breath and looked back at JJ before opening the door.

"Good evening offic-," I said before getting cut off when a group of police officers stormed in. A female cop grabbed my hands and pulled them behind my back.

"What the hell?!" Kie said as cops put us in handcuffs.

"We're transporting you kids to a FBI site for questioning about John B Routledge," A cop said putting us in cop cars. Pope and I sat next to each other in one car and JJ and Kie in the next.

"I'm really sorry you got dragged into all of this," Pope said looking over at me. I smiled and set my head on his shoulder.

"I wouldn't change a thing," I replied looking out the window.

We eventually arrived at the site. Large white tents surrounded the area. We got out and we're escorted to a tent for questioning. As we entered I spotted Ward at another tent.

"She's blonde, um 5'4 maybe, I- I don't kn-," he said worried. He looked over and spotted me.

"Her," he said pointing at me ," She probably knows where my daughter is."

I looked at JJ and watched as an FBI agent approached me.

"We're going to need to ask you a few questions with Mr. Cameron. I glared at him and followed him over to a table where Ward sat on the other end. Multiple agents and officers sat at the table with notebooks and papers. I listened as the rain picked up again and looked at lightning flash in the distance along the water. My heart jumped as I thought about Sarah and John B.

"So Alexandra you're 17, a bright girl we presume, I mean straight A's a strong path for college. Soccer captain, volleyball captain, Honor roll student, Class president, why would you involve yourself with them?" A female officer asked. I looked out in the distance searching for a white boat.

"Answer the question Lexi," Ward said running his hands through his hair. I grinned and looked at him.

"I'm not required to tell you anything without a lawyer present," I said looking back to see if I could see JJ and Kie.

"For God sales just answer the questions! This about Sarah, Lexi, not your self pride!" Ward yelled.

"Mr. Cameron please," an officer said waving his hand.

"So your parents, Christian and Justine? What do they do?" The agent asked.

"Sorry how is this relevant to Sarah?" I asked tilting my head. The agent sighed.

"Okay, um, when is the last time you saw Sarah?" The agent asked looking into my eyes. I looked down at my watch. 7:03.

"27 minutes ago," I said.

"Where?"

"A pier"

"What pier?"

"Don't know."

"Alexandra we need you to be honest, you are under law and will be taken to court if you lie or cease to provide information."

"I'm not lying. But, If I answer your questions will you listen to what I have to say. No interruptions. And do not let him speak." I said pointing to Ward.

The officers talked and nodded.

"Fine. Do you know where she is?"

"Yes"

"See I told you the little shit would know where she is!?" Ward yelled slamming the table with his hand.

"Mr. Cameron that's enough!" Another officer yelled.

"Is she with John B Routledge?" The officer asked.

"Yes"

"Fuck" Ward said rubbing his temples.

"Did John B Routledge kill Sherrif Peterkin?" The officer asked. Ward looked at me. I smiled and laughed.

"No"

"I answered your questions, so now I get to speak," I said.

"Lexi," Ward said looking at me.

"Rafe Cameron, Ward's son, yeah well he actually has been trying to get in a relationship with me for maybe a year now? He's 19 by the way. I'm 17, so thats fucking illegal. He tried to have sex with me multiple times. Oh and he's also a fucking psycho, who choked me out multiple times. If you look in his apartment there's actually shattered glass from bottles he threw at me. Along with holes in the wall from when he tried to punch me but didn't cause you know 'He loves me'" I said as tears formed in my eyes. Ward shook his head.

"You don't seriously believe her?" Ward asked. The officers shushed him.

"Oh and he choked Sarah, multiple times. And let's not forget how after Midsummers he threatened to kill himself if I didn't go back to his apartment with him. Oh and he does hella drugs by the way. And drinks, regularly. Which I am almost positive his father is aware of. The next morning I woke up and Ward and Rafe were standing over me. Loved when Rafe bashed my head against the wall to knock me out. Oh, but it was even better when I woke up with duct tape and ropes over my mouth in the passenger seat of Rafe's car. Just to end up at a runway where Wards private jet was carrying a shit ton of gold and he was going to take Sarah and I with him to the fucking Bahamas. But John B stopped him. Then Sherrif Peterkin showed up and caught Ward in deep shit when all of the sudden," I said taking a breath.

"Lexi," Ward said glaring at me.

"Rafe shot Peterkin. Not John B."

I watched the agents faces changed and look over at Ward.

"What you don't actually believe her? I mean Rafe is a kind and caring person he would never hurt her or anyone for that matter much less kill someone." Ward said laughing.

"Um I think the Rafe and you love affair cade will have to wait, but we will look into that, but you're positive that Rafe shot Peterkin?" A cop asked.

"100%" I replied. Ward shook his head.

"God the poor girl doesn't even know what she's saying, you've been through so much in the last 24 hours I mean look at that gash in your head you're probably not even thinking straight," Ward said

"Want to know who I got it from?" I asked angrily.

"Okay that enough thank you Ms. Stark," the agent said.

"Try and get some sleep Lexi," Ward said with a fake smile.

"Fuck you! You were like a 2nd father to me. You probably knew what Rafe was doing and how he was treating me but you didn't give a fuck cause that's the kind of person you are! A shitty lowlife!" I screamed as an agent dragged me back to the tent with JJ and Kie.