8- Sunshine

"So they started shooting at you? And then they broke into your house and tried to kill you?" I asked looking up at Pope. We sat in the back of the van.

"God it was fucking crazy," John B said turning down a dirt road.

"Why? It doesn't make any sense?" Sarah asked.

"I don't know man, but we have a feeling it has to do with my dad and the treasure, plus look at this compass thing we found," Pope said handing a small object to me. I grazed my finger over the engraving "Redfield"

"That's my dad's compass, and we found it on Grubbs boat," John B said.

"Wait you found his boat?!" Sarah asked.

"Yeah at the bottom of the marsh," Pope said as I handed the compass to Sarah.

"Okay so what do we have to do with this?" I asked.

"Sarah your dad has connections and knows about the treasure, and Lexi you, well I don't know you can probably help us," Kiara said glaring at Sarah. Sarah and I looked at each other and laughed.

"There's no way in hell we're helping y'all," Sarah said. We watched as their expressions dropped.

"Yeah I don't plan on dying, plus i've been warned multiple times to not get involved with this shit," I said adjusting my leg. The 4 of them looked at each other.

"That's the problem, the dudes who shot at us, they know y'all know about the treasure," JJ said.
"What!?" Sarah said.

"When they broke in they were talking about my dad and shit and then talked about you guys and how they would hunt y'all down," JJ said. Sarah and I looked at each other in shock.

"Then they chased me through the town, like I almost died, then I ran into Sarah," John B said.

"Wait you knew we were in danger?" I asked Sarah.

"You had so much going on I didn't want to make things worse," she said shrugging.

"This is why y'all never should have told them," Kiara said.

"Then we went to Redfield lighthouse and learned about the royal merchant and shit," John B said parking the van in front of his house.

"But you guys aren't safe anywhere," JJ said.

"We can protect ourselves," I said shutting the door.

"Yeah but now there are people hunting us down, like all of us, and these guys, their no joke," John B said opening to front door. I slowly walked in and stood in shock as I looked around at the broken and trashed house.

"Holy fuck," Sarah said looking at the flipped tables and shattered glass.

"I think I can help you guy, my dad, he owns this archive at some museum in Charleston. If we can hop a ferry we can get over there," Sarah said.

"You're just now telling us this?" JJ asked. She shrugged.

"I'll go with you, I mean this is my treasure anyways, plus y'all should stay to keep watch," John B said. I tilted my head and sighed.

"Fine, but if anything bad happens to her i'll kill you," I said.

"Don't you worry princess," JJ said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and glared at him.

"Well let's go," Sarah said grabbing John B's hand and dragging him outside.

"Well what the hell do we do until they get back?" JJ asked.

"Party," I said smiling.