𝐸𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇

"Come on Juno! come get your laundry" Aunt Sylvia yelled from the laundry room.

I groaned and went to go get my laundry.

"Oh, can you get the drill from the garage?" Aunt asked. Aunt Sylvia was working on a kitchen project. "sure" i faked smiled.

I was looking for the drill but i came across a shoebox.

it was labeled, goode family.

I opened it and it was pictures of when i was younger with my parents. Why was it labeled 'goode'?

I got the Drill and i was gonna ask Sylvia what the shoebox was for.

I handed her the drill but she noticed the shoebox, "what's that"

"This shoebox labeled 'goode'?" She looked worried.

"who is the Goode family and why am i in the box?!" I needed answers. The last name felt familiar.

"Well, we need to talk." she sat me down on the pink sofa, "West isn't actually our last name. It's Goode. Your ancestors were very bad people in Shadyside"

"what did they do" Sylvia frowned, "some of them were murderers"

I was at loss for words. I was relating to famous Shadyside killers?!

"But your last name is still West. Don't tell anyone" She got up and went back to the kitchen leaving me with the shoebox.

I went to my room and quickly called Deena.

"Deena? Hey so this is an emergency can you call everyone? i'll be there as soon as possible"

Is shoved the shoebox into my backpack along with a few other stuff.

"I'm gonna step out for awhile! bye" i yelled from the front door.

I ran to Deena's as fast as my stupidly small legs can hold up.

It was Friday after school which meant i had a date with Simon. i'm gonna definitely take a rain check on that.

When i arrived, i saw Deena and Josh waiting outside.

She saw me and i jogged to them.

"Everyone else is on their way. let's go in" Josh said.

We sat at the table and Josh gave me a cup of water while i tried not to scream my brains out because of what i had just been told by aunt. I've been lied to my whole life. This sucks.

When everyone else arrived we went to the basement and i told them all everything my aunt had told me.

"You shouldn't be telling us this, you should be telling Ziggy and Martin this" Sam and Kate explained.

I looked at them all, Staring back at me.

"Fuck it. Let's go" I groaned and ran upstairs.

Ziggy's house was far so we all took Deena's car.

"I've been lied to my whole life! how can this shit happen!" i started to panic.

"hey, hey, you're good" Simon whispers into my ear, grabbing my thigh a bit.

I relax at his words and we get to Ziggy's.

"ZIGGY! ZIG!!" Josh pounds the door with his fist.

We hear the 6 locks unlock and we see Ziggy standing there with an apron on hearing some rock music coming from the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" I asked. Ziggy looked back like someone else was there, "oh uh- yeah i'm just baking. come in"

"YO!" Martin shouted from the kitchen.

I slightly held in a laugh.

"so.." i started and told Ziggy and Martin everything that has happened in the past 30 minutes and how i was lied to my whole life.

"Oh my gosh" Ziggy's head collapsed in her palms, "so you're a Goode?"

"I guess?" i shrugged, unsure of myself.

I felt like she couldn't trust me anymore. Or anyone really.

This. Fucking. Sucks.