The Ghost on Hallows Eve

Credit to CuteCartoonLover06 for the idea
Happy Halloween to all my oneshot readers! 🎃

It is almost the end of the afternoon shift at Spottiswood and everyone was finishing making and packing chicken wire. Ted and Roy were busy giving Bertha the right lengths of steel whilst Nell and Flo packed and stacked them. Normally, when it's almost time to go home they would give their goodbyes to the machine and the robot before heading to their homes. But tonight is different. You see, it's the end of October; and once on that particular day, the entire staff all dress up in spooky costumes for the yearly Halloween party. Some chose to bring their family and friends for the event (they were more then happy to participate).

"I'm looking forward to the Halloween party." Roy said to Ted, "My brother is too!" Ted held a piece of steel close to his chest and grinned. "I'm looking forward to it too." he replied back, pointing the steel at the back of Bertha. She was meant make the wire with it. He stood there patiently but the back claw didn't come out. Is Bertha switched off? Ted got to his knees and examined the back opening. It wasn't stuck, the lever was set to 'on' and there-

Boo!

A face sprung out from the back in front of the two operators. It was coloured all pale and ghastly with ghoul, almost as it is trying to frighten the pair away. They instead closely inspected the strange looking thing, not appearing to be spooked by it at all. "Nice try Bertha!" Ted laughed whilst patting her, "Those are the bed sheets you made last week!" "What should I do with that Ted?" asked Roy, trying to stop laughing. "Put it to one side, we could use it as decoration." Ted ordered. He turned to Bertha, "Sorry Bertha, but you'll have to try harder to scare me!" Bertha frowned at that response.

In the dispatch department, Panjit was busy lifting boxes onto the shelves. He too was also excited for the party but there was much work to be done before he could help set up the decorations. The sooner I finish the tasks, the sooner I can help, Panjit thought to himself. He was so occupied with the work he didn't notice a strange looking thing creeping wordlessly. It wasn't as big, but the noise it gives out does give out a chill in your spine. Panjit didn't seem all that bothered about the creature creeping toward him. It is Halloween, yes, though HE didn't really seem eerie. "TOM stop messing around, I know it's you." Panjit smirked. The robot came out from behind a box, disappointed. The forklift driver realised what TOM was wearing. "I'm sorry TOM, but wrapping yourself in toilet paper like a mummy is more silly then scary." he added, stacking the remaining boxes on the shelves. He jumped off the forklift and unraveled the paper off TOM. "Let's take you back to Bertha."

The other factory workers waited for the whistle to sound as they hung up the rest of the decorations. The black and orange streamers hang from each corner of the room with pictures of ghosts and pumpkins plastered on the walls. The tables are all set up for Mrs Tupp's refreshments. Bertha is even 'dressed up' for the occasion, having cardboard wings taped to her sides (though it only made her look more goofy). She clenched her metallic fingers and sighed, how is she supposed to be spooky in this?

As the others continued to wrap the entire room with streamers, her son TOM arrived back with Panjit. The robot too was also upset. He is too small and too silly-looking to be seen as scary! The forklift driver went off to tell the others about the toilet paper mummy. They all couldn't hold it anymore and laughed. "Sorry TOM but that is just daft!" smiled Roy, patting the slightly embarrassed robot. "I"m afraid you need to try harder to scare me." Nell suggested, "And me!" Flo added. A whistle can be heard throughout the factory; at last, it was time to go home. Ted pulled Bertha's lever to give her some rest. "Alright, I'll see you all tonight!" he called out to his coworkers. "See you tonight Bertha." said Roy to the machine, patting her side before heading out the room. The room was soon worker-free, leaving TOM and his mother in the dark. They looked at each other for a while and then happily clamped each other's robotic hands.