The Great Paint Disaster

Phew! What a year this has been, huh?
Hey! This is Gizzy, the author of this book, and I have something very important to say before you start reading this fic so please stay.

At this time last year, I decided that I would not be writing Bertha fanfics for a while as I needed a break. The reason I decided this is because I used to post each chapter monthly on here and I would write EVERY SINGLE DAY to get one story out. Whilst I do enjoy writing about Bertha and all her friends, I was getting completely burned out and I had more energy to write for the Skyline Gang fandom and not the Bertha fandom, so I halted publications for this book until I had the energy to write for that fandom again.

I used this time to edit bits and pieces of the previous oneshots too as they really needed updating (and I noticed how cringe my previous fanfics were oh my god). After I finally did that, I decided to secretly write this Bertha story without telling anyone as a surprise. Consider this your Christmas present from me, haha!

As of publishing this book, I will start up this book again, however, I will not post stories monthly this time as it is just going to burn me out again. Also, I do have an idea for my Skyline Gang OC story so I might do that one first before doing another Bertha fanfic (it might take a while for me to start writing the story so be patient).

Thank you all for sticking with me not just throughout 2023 but from the beginning too, from being a GCSE student to an Art University student! Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2024!

-Gizzy <3

It was the beginning of a new week at Spottiswood and Company, and Bertha and the entire factory floor staff are all preparing to start a brand new order. All throughout the morning, the staff were hustling and bustling about, walking too and fro from both the factory floor and the dispatch department. From their arms, they grabbed several metal sheets, along with several packets of colourful powder. It wasn't heavy to carry, yet walking with such a large sheet proved to be quite a challenge when you can't see your own feet. Bertha grew curiously happy. What are we making today?

TOM, the little robot, wondered that question too. He had never seen rainbow coloured flour before. How odd. What are they used for? Baking? Are we making rainbow cakes? Yum! Even though the robot had no physical mouth, the sound and smell of them made him all giddy on his wheeled feet - maybe the thought of cakes gave him a sugar rush? Who knows. TOM kept spinning in a circle with his pincer arms in the air. We're going to be chefs~! We're going to be chefs~! We're going to b-

Wait..why is no one wearing an apron? Or one of those poofy chef hats?

"Alright, we have everything we need to get started." Ted stated to everyone, writing something down on his clipboard. He stopped writing for a bit to help Flo and Roy with the metal sheets they were struggling to keep hovering over the floor. On top was the vibrant powder packets, in which the operator got hold of so the two can focus on placing the sheets down safely. "Good." he said. "As long as we're careful, we can complete this order of tinned paints in no time at all."

Oh.

They're not baking today. They're making some runny paint in a cylinder tin.

That's...

EVEN BETTER!

TOM loved the idea of coloured paint. He loves all types of colour! In fact, he loves it so much that his entire body is completely covered in primary colour-blocking, with some speckling inside his glass head or in his torso. He was born with that colour palette you see (and not like Tracey and Bertha had designed him to look like that in the first place), and he absolutely loved the bright colours all around him.