Chapter 2: A New Friend

Among the loads of customers Junkyu daily came up with, it's quite hard for him to recall them, if they did not leave any extraordinary impression or did not visit on a regular basis. Therefore, that day, the small visit of the defeated father and the persistent son was soon washed away from Junkyu's memory, as he didn't find anything unusual in them to keep in mind. So, when the lone father visited the same store once again, without the company of his little son, Junkyu didn't recognize him.

"Good morning, sir." Junkyu did his habitual greeting. His smile wasn't as flashy as before, because he was having an exam soon and he was pretty worried about it.

The customer shouldn't notice the difference, right?

"Hi, you probably don't remember me... but may I ask why you are looking worried?"

Junkyu blinked. He was utterly confused. Obviously not from the first part of what he said, because it was a pretty common thing he heard. But the later part... how did he get the hint of worries in his face? And more importantly, why?

"Oh, I must have startled you!" The man smiled, "Sorry, my bad!"

But the crescent moon like smile! Junkyu's memory never let go of the image of that pretty smile, even though he saw them only one time. From deep inside the ocean of numerous fragments of small memories, the image of the same crescent moon like smile resurfaced, and Junkyu's brain caught that. But the poor cashier didn't recall the event where he saw that brilliant smile!

"You look familiar," Junkyu said, "But I can't remember where I saw you, by any chance did you come here before?"

The man happily nodded his head. "Ahh that's why! I'm sorry I have a bad memory." Junkyu apologised.

"Hey it's totally fine!" the man standing in front if the counter quickly said, "it would have been weird if you did remember me after just one visit here!" he joked. It made Junkyu feel a bit more comfortable.

"So, um," Junkyu started, "Do you need candies from here?"

The man once again nodded, "Yeah, for the little kid you met the other day."
Junkyu's brain once again started wrecking his memories in search of the little kid the man mentioned. Then suddenly, an image of a kid with slight cavities in his front teeth appeared in his mind.

"Ahh! Now I remember. Your son from the other day! What was his name again?" Junkyu exclaimed and then asked.

"Son?" the customer looked at Junkyu with ridicule, then he laughed, "Oh! It must have seemed that way! Doyoungie ain't my son, rather my best friend's. I'm his godfather only."

"Really?" Junkyu was quite surprised because of the resemblance he found between the two of them. It was uncanny! "But you two look so much alike!"

The man laughed again, "I know! But trust me, I'm not even married yet! I'm just a young boy of 22!"

Junkyu looked amused, "Wow! You're my age mate! And here I thought you already have a son!" both of them chuckled at that, "By the way, if you don't mind, can I ask your name again?" Junkyu politely asked.

"Hmm, of course! I'm Park Jihoon, you can just call me Jihoon!" The man smiled. And that smile slightly pinched Junkyu on his chest.

"Alright, Jihoon! I'm Junkyu, Kim Junkyu." Junkyu extended his hand. Jihoon gave a shake to it, "I know, from your name tag that is!"

Junkyu nodded and smiled, "Okay, then, what are you looking for Doyoung?" he asked.

"Just anything. He asked me to bring candies for him when I get home." Jihoon replied. Junkyu slightly thought about something.