Chapter 11: 'So Much in Love'

Junkyu got back home after a long, tiring day. He was aging, he could feel it. Because even during his internship, he was more energetic. Now that he actually got the job and became quite used to it, his body seemed to grow old and hence cause the exhaustion in him so easily.

Habitually, he rang the bell. How long did they buy this new house? Probably six months? The neighbourhood was really well, meaning, Doyoung would have a healthy and nice childhood there. Little kid started going to school now! He must need more care and protection.

Junkyu waited but nothing was heard on the other side. He checked the clock. It was almost dusk, Doyoung should be home, along with Junkyu's mother, unless she decided to take the kid around, probably buying him lots of stuff.

Junkyu took out the keys and unlocked the door. As expected, the house was empty. He took his working bag in and went to his and Jihoon's room. He took off his clothes, took towel and comfy clothes and went to have a shower. He was always quick in that task.

Coming out, he took his phone and called his mother first; got to know that she was actually at one of her friend's house and that she took Doyoung with her. She assured that Doyoung wasn't feeling bored because they had a kid around his age as well. Junkyu hung up, satisfied. But he was feeling lonely.

So, he dialled in another number, even though he already knew Jihoon's time table.

"Hey honey, how long till you get home?" Junkyu spoke as soon as Jihoon picked up.

"Umm maybe around half an hour? Why, Doyoungie isn't home?"

"Nah. Mom took him to her friend's place." Junkyu whined, "I'm lonely."

Jihoon's chuckle was heard through the phone, "Okay, I'll come as soon as I'm done. Wait a bit, hmm?"

"Okay..." Junkyu sulked, "Hurry up."

"Alright! Bye, love you!"

"Love you too." Junkyu mumbled. He heard a beep from the other end. He never got the point of Jihoon's long period of work because well, they both received almost similar payments.

Bored, Junkyu turned on the TV. He settled at one random channel but soon, the drowsiness got him, and he fell asleep on the couch. The sudden sound of the bell ringing woke him up.
Junkyu jumped up and glanced here and there. Then reality hit him. Wiping the side of his lips with his palm, he walked towards the door.

The sleepiness in him vanished as soon as he saw Jihoon smiling at the door, undoing his shoes. Junkyu helped him with the bag, hugging him a little.

"Did you wait long?" Jihoon asked, closing the door behind him.

"Uhu... I fell asleep." Junkyu replied, walking towards their room.

Jihoon followed him and grabbed his waist with one hand, walking alongside him.

"I had a great day today, you know! My senior praised me for my work and I think I'm gonna get to work on an important project soon!" Jihoon filled Junkyu in about his day.

"Really?? Congratulations! You deserve it!" Junkyu happily exclaimed, pecking Jihoon's lips that he extended immediately.

"I'll take a shower real quick and get back to you, babe!" Jihoon spoke, taking some clothes in hand.

"Alright, I'll be in the living room!" Junkyu finished keeping Jihoon's bag in place and said.

Jihoon actually came out really fast, unlike what he usually took. Maybe he was excited about his progress in the office, or maybe just like Junkyu, he missed his other half.