Chapter 8: Am I?

A good night's sleep does a lot for people. For Junkyu, it came as enhancing his previous feelings of positive assumption, in other words, about his possible future with Mashiho. He'd been more radiant, more hopeful and definitely happier after last night. It showed in his extra nice behaviour with the customers.

Now, Junkyu never intended to read Mashiho's movements, like getting to know which days he would arrive at the store. However, he actually did count in his mind, and judging by his calculations, the shorter shouldn't be walking towards his store that day.

A small, Japanese guy was still seen walking fast towards the candy store, Junkyu saw that through the glass door. His happiness extended by manifolds.

'So, he wasn't supposed to come, but he did. Probably because he wanted to see me? He actually has no other reason to visit a children's candy store, right? Jihoon! Are you seeing this? Tell me, what it means!'

Junkyu's thoughts were running wild, wilder was his imagination. But he kept a moderate smile on when Mashiho entered through the door.

"Hi, Mashiho!" Junkyu beamed. Down went his 'playing cool.'

"Hi, hyung." Mashiho seemed a bit off. The elder wanted to ask, but decided not to bother him this fast. So, he casually handed a happy faced candy to the younger.

Mashiho looked at it for a while and then his gaze shifted at Junkyu.

"Hyung, about yesterday. With Yoshi-"

"Yeah, yeah. That we can talk about, but first take it!" Junkyu insisted. He grabbed Mashiho's wrist and made him grab the treat.

"Alright, I'll-" Mashiho was about to take money off his wallet but Junkyu stopped him.

"It's just a candy! I can pay for it!" he flashed a smile, "Just keep it."

Mashiho sighed. "Junkyu hyung, we really need to talk."

Junkyu's smile didn't falter, "Of course, what is it? You know you don't always have to come to my store at this time to talk to me!"

The elder swiftly took out his phone and unlocked it, showing it to the younger, "Just put your contact number in here, we can talk anytime then."

Junkyu was feeling proud. Just yesterday, he acted boldly in front of Mashiho, today, he was even bolder, asking for Mashiho's number. That definitely was a progress and all Junkyu could think of at that moment was to spill it to Jihoon as soon as possible.

"Hyung." Mashiho sighed. He used both his palms to grab the counter and lean away from it. He looked down, thought for a bit and then straightened up. "I'm taken."

Junkyu's brain froze first, then his hand with the phone, then his whole body. He stared blankly at Mashiho until the younger showed him his hands. Among the many rings he wore, there was a special ring with the initials 'KY+TM.'

Junkyu blinked, lips trembled a bit. Then he awkwardly laughed, "Hey... w-who said I meant something like that... haha... I just... wanted to talk to you. You know, as a friend or stuff."

Mashiho had a very piercing gaze on Junkyu, as if to detect the bunch of lies the other was throwing at him. He sighed. "I think we should not." Mashiho gently pushed Junkyu's hand with the phone away, "Yoshi was really upset yesterday. And I don't think he'd like it if we talk again."

Junkyu's brows were crossed. His heart was aching real bad. The words he tried to say were stuck in the lump near his throat. He just smiled. Nervously. Awkwardly.

"I should be going now, hyung. And I think it would be the best if our paths don't cross again."

"Then why did you lead me on, Mashiho?" Junkyu finally complained, "Coming here, saying that you just came to talk to me?". He wasn't loud, didn't sound mad or anything. It seemed like he genuinely wanted an answer.