Chapter 3: An Unexpected Encounter

Junkyu thought of having his lunch in the university cafeteria of his but seeing that he had no more classes for the rest of the day, he decided to just go home and have the best food, aka the food his mother cooked.

It was an unusual time for him to actually head home. Since his classes started almost at noon, it took him almost up to the evening to finish his routine. It was a given that he had to have lunch in his varsity rather than at home. Getting an opportunity to ditch that made him glad. So, he decided to go home asap.

But standing at the bus stop made him rethink his choice. He looked down at his whole body and the little bump in his tummy made him sigh.

'Looks like I have gained some weight.'

He looked around. A walk home would help in burning some fat. But it would also take a while...

Sighing again, he decided to just walk. Thirty minutes instead of five. In exchange of better health. Not a bad idea though.

But it wasn't that good either, considering he was really hungry. Even before he could cross half the distance, his stomach growled. Loud. He looked around and found a small store selling burgers and some other food items. Some real delicious looking, cheesy goodness. Ditching his walk to good health, he went to the store and bought a cheesy burger. The store was crowded and really hot inside. One glance and Junkyu decided not to eat inside. So, taking the burger, he walked to a nearby park and found a lone bench under a shade.

He took out the burger and just at the sight of it, his poor unfed stomach called him again. Licking his lips in anticipation, he took a huge bite off the burger.

The patties, veggies, cheese- everything fell off the other end of that bite, luckily, still in the package on his lap.

"Oh fu-" Junkyu merely stopped himself from cursing. He looked at the mess on his lap with disappointment and slight anger; that's when he heard a tiny voice speaking.

"You need to hold the burger like this, Mr!"

Junkyu looked at his side and blinked a few times. A kid of 4/5, sitting by his side on the bench, was gesturing him to hold the burger from the back with the help of the middle, ring and pinkie fingers, smiling as bright as the sun.

"Huh?" he asked. He had no idea who the kid was or where he came from.

"Yes, my dad told me that!" the kid said a little louder, "here," he took Junkyu's hand and placed all his fingers around the burger as he showed, "Now take a bite and see!" he grinned.

As if possessed by an unnatural force, Junkyu took a small bite and the kid's smile grew bigger, "See! It's okay now! You did it!"

Junkyu still had that utterly confused look on his face, "Who are you?"

The kid jumped off the benched and stretched his hand out, "I am Kim Doyoung!" then he bowed ever so politely, "Nice to meet you, Mr."

'Doyoung' Junkyu's brain was trying to recall where he heard the name. Also, the face of the kid looked pretty similar as well.

"By any chance is your father named as-"

Junkyu's question to that little boy went unfinished as a loud, familiar voice answered that for him.

"How many times did I tell you not to run around like this?" Park Jihoon, the one Junkyu met twice and vowed to be friends with, said.

"Jihoon?" Junkyu tried to get Jihoon's attention, who was busy with Doyoung. Jihoon looked back at that call and his eyes widened.