Chapter 5: The Family of Pink

Jihoon never thought anyone but him would be the closest to Doyoung, however, if you place two people with similar mental age together, they might bond in ways you never knew of! As was the case with Doyoung and Junkyu. Jihoon wouldn't even have imagined the calm and composed Junkyu, always leading and protecting him to be that childish while playing with Doyoung but well, some things just happen. And Jihoon would rather cherish that, not complain about it.

Doyoung first started liking Junkyu the night Junkyu stayed over at their house for the first time. Since everyone was tired and emotionally strained, there wasn't supposed to be a playful vibe going around the house but Doyoung made the impossible happen. When Jihoon was having loads of inner conflicts and Junkyu simply consoling him, our baby Doyoung felt like butting in. He whined about playing together and Junkyu had to fill in for that, as Jihoon had dinner to make.

Cooking halfway through, Jihoon thought about watching how the two were doing and that was when he understood- Kim Junkyu is a 5-year-old child stuck in an adult body. Jihoon stood at the doorframe, apron on with a wooden spoon in hand. He saw, in amusement how Junkyu was playing with Doyoung with equal enthusiasm! The dragons they were flying, toy cars they were driving and simply the meaningless role plays they were doing- all felt as if Junkyu owned those, Doyoung was just a curious learner of him. Chuckling to himself, Jihoon got back to cooking, not disturbing their play time. He could tell how Doyoung would ask for Junkyu to stay over again and again in future but he wasn't a bit bothered by that.

Maybe because his subconscious self wanted that as well.

Jihoon went to the same doorframe again, this time to call them for dinner. He saw Junkyu telling Doyoung a story and the little kid was shivering from the adventurous journey of pirates whose actions were mimicked by his 'pretty uncle.'

"Dinner's ready!" Jihoon said when Junkyu finished with his story. Both the playmates looked back with delightful eyes and uttered a collective "Yes!" Jihoon shook his head at the adorable behaviour from the two and walked towards the table.

All through the dinner and until Doyoung fell asleep, he stuck to Junkyu. The taller was all for it. Jihoon low key felt jealous but at the same time he was also happy that he could get Doyoung a company. But Junkyu wasn't only Doyoung's company. After the kid fell asleep, he got back his own mature, kind and youthful self who helped Jihoon forget about the hellish experience hours ago.

The two surprisingly slept on the same bed, side by side.

Two days after the incident, Jihoon called Junkyu at night, asking for him to stay over again because in his words, Doyoung wasn't letting him live with his requests of bringing Junkyu back. As kind and soft Junkyu was, he obliged. However, he agreed at one condition- getting back home after Doyoung fell asleep. Jihoon found no excuse to protest. In his mind, this pained him a little.

But he long forgot that as Junkyu once again filled his house with happiness and laughter. Doyoung was released from his day care centre early, and after that there wasn't a single moment he was silent. He kept screaming and laughing as Junkyu played several games with him. They even made Jihoon join in their 'The floor is lava' game. Jihoon had to admit, he hadn't felt that refreshed in a long time.

So, when holiday approached, Jihoon was just as eager as Doyoung to invite Junkyu to spend time with them.

However, Jihoon was an adult, so he realized that Junkyu might have other plans. That's why, he texted Junkyu two days earlier, asking if he was free and could spare some time for Doyoung. Of course, he'd never mention that it wasn't Doyoung's wish alone; he himself was just as eager.

Junkyu was attending his classes when Jihoon texted him. Normally, he would never check his phone during the lectures but when the screen flashed with Jihoon's contact on display, his hands naturally found their way to unlock the phone. He smiled genuinely as he read the text. He loved spending time with the two just as much. However, he tried acting cool. So, he replied with 'I'll see if I can ^^'.