Chapter 9: Comfort Zone

How or when it became a thing, Junkyu had no idea. But he whole heartedly loved the fact that both him and Jihoon became super used to staying over at each other's place. It may date back to when Mrs. Kim first asked Jihoon to stay over. From then on, it just became their thing. The connecting link, unsurprisingly, was Kim Doyoung.

It was another day of Jihoon staying over at Junkyu's place. Mrs. Kim treated Jihoon so well that the latter was always on his feet whenever she called him. Also, Doyoung loved hanging out with those good people, so Jihoon was more than just glad.

As for Junkyu, no matter how he convinced himself that he loved watching Doyoung, deep inside, even he knew, Jihoon's company was too precious to him. To the point he forgot about Mashiho just within a week or so.

Junkyu finished his classes and got back home, quite exhausted. He was the first one to get home, so, he took his time freshening up. He settled himself on his bed, scrolling through his phone. Just like every other day, he received a text from Jihoon.

A cute picture of Doyoung sipping his juice on the taxi seat. Junkyu cooed at that. He was about to type something but another text come picture arrived. A very close shot of Jihoon's round eye, the left one that he intentionally widened. Junkyu laughed out loud. He himself took a crazy picture of his bunny front teeth from up close and sent it to Jihoon. Next came a close up of Jihoon's chin, Junkyu's nose and it went on for a while. They got back to texting again. And at one point, Jihoon arrived.

Junkyu opened the door and picked Doyoung up. He kissed the baby cheeks of the younger and undid his shoes.

"I'll take him to change, you go take a shower. The clothes are in my locker." Junkyu spoke to Jihoon. It was no wonder that some of Jihoon and Doyoung's clothes were in Junkyu's house.

"Alright, but when will your mom come?" Jihoon asked.

"Anytime soon. She said she needed to go for a bit of shopping." Junkyu replied.

"You sure she's not gonna buy for Doyoungie again?" Jihoon raised a brow. Apparently, Mrs. Kim was spoiling Doyoung a bit too much.

"Ah... that I'm not sure." Junkyu scratched his neck. Jihoon sighed in defeat. "Alright. I'll go take a shower." He took off his shirt. It wasn't the first time he did that in front of Junkyu. And it definitely wasn't the only time Junkyu looked away because he felt something weird in him. Like those well defined abs with that tiny white waist- okay, Junkyu, stop!

He focused on the kid in his hands instead.

"So, what did you learn today, kiyomi?" Junkyu pinched Doyoung's round nose. The younger giggled and excitedly talked about his day- how he helped one of the girls with Lego, how he lost the car race and how his teacher bought him ice cream in the end. Junkyu listened in love and awe, and in the meantime, he changed the kid into comfortable sleeping clothes.

"When will granny come?" Doyoung asked Junkyu, once he was done and let free. Jihoon was already out of the shower, sitting on the couch watching TV.

"She'll be here soon." Junkyu smiled. He was about to take the seat beside Jihoon.

"Doyoung ah, come here!" Jihoon extended his arms. Doyoung slowly slid himself in those strong yet graceful arms.

Jihoon hugged him softly and went near his near, "Do you miss granny?"

Doyoung nodded quite hard, "Granny is the best!"

Jihoon exchanged a glance with Junkyu. It must have been the slogan his mom taught the young kid. Both of them chuckled.

"You're right! She is the best!" Junkyu smiled. Jihoon had nothing to argue about as well.

The bell rang not long after. Doyoung jumped off Jihoon's lap and rushed towards the door. He was too short to reach the knob well, yet he tried to twist it with the little force he could apply. Junkyu, who was following behind, swept him up and helped him open the door.