Parallel

Sivaangi's eyes averted from the mirror to her phone which was kept beside the bed. It was diya who called her. Sivaangi and diya have prearranged a schedule for ashwin's birthday before 3 weeks. Now that ashwin surprised her with the trip to Maldives she ought to figure out a way to tell diya about that. Since ashwin is always around she didn't passed the information with diya. Even now ashwin is working sitting on the bed so she didn't picked her phone up. Sivaangi closed the moisturizer which she was applying to her face and cleaned her hands. She got on the bed and dragged the laptop from ashwins hand and sat on his lap leaning her back on his chest.

Ashwin: "almost done one second" he picked it up again and he drafted the mail and logged out from his id before shutting it down. Then he turned of the light. A mild Prussian blue light filled the room admits the darkness. She grabbed his hands and wrapped around her waist herself. She tried to touch his feet with her feet while sitting on him but she couldn't having those tiny legs. He pressed his cheeks with hers.

Siv: "na neraya saptu tummy bloat airuchu"
(After this heavy dinner i got bloating)
Ashwin poked her tum with his finger and chuckled.

Ashwin: "panda bear" he pecked her collar bone.

Siv: "ashwin anu romba depress aitanga after parturition"
(Anu is depressed after parturition)

Ashwin: "enachu?"
(Why?)

Siv: "hormonal fluctuations, stretch marks, postpartum depression, weight gain, figure changes, sleep deprivation, hair loss; you name it."

Ashwin: "1 year la elam sari airum"
(She will be okay with time)

Siv: "enaku apdithana aagum"
(Even i will get all those right?)

Ashwin: "its worth having a baby. And know this i won't force you to have a baby. Only if its mutual we can proceed. Im least interested to make you suffer for months. There is so many options to have a baby. But the feeling of carrying a baby is something i can't experience. But you can so when ever you are ready. Its not a cake walk for sure but its a lifetime experience" he looked at her. She is closing her eyes and in deep rumination. He continued. "See even if you go bald or gain a 100 pound it won't matter to me. The idea is to lead a healthy life thats it. I will make you do the right things and in the worst case all those postpartum thing will hit you but it won't be hard because i will be there with you all the time. And i won't leave you alone with all the burdens. You can count on me"

Siv: "its worth having our baby" She intertwined her fingers with his and placed her soft lips on his hand for a moment.

Ashwin: "and it is not going to happen with everyone. You could be the lucky momma who doesn't get those difficulties after giving birth"

Siv: "you are right. I was actually scared when i saw anu having dull moments all the time even when feeding the baby she was sad."

Ashwin: "you have to fight against those things which makes you feel bad. Its not a permanent thing"

Siv: "we have come a long way" she changed the topic. All of a sudden her mind was filled with the memories of their puppy love.

Ashwin: "etha solra"
(From?)

Siv: "remember you used to wait for me everyday in school. Now im with you in our house."

Ashwin: "pig tails potutu cute ah varuva nee"
(You used to be in those cute pig tails)

Siv: "you look the same" she looked up.

Ashwin: "wow! Everything is changed"

She turned to the side and sat in a perpendicular direction. He pulled her and covered her with his hands. Her forehead pressed his beard.