Chapter 12

Today was the day, the day where Seijoh would face off aginst Kaisei Academy, a well known school with a very skilled Volleyball team. They were so good in fact, that they would become an obstacle for Aoba Johsei if not taken down a peg. And that's why Seijoh was here today, to show Kaisei Academy that they were the best! Right now, each team were having a team meeting before the game starts. While Seijoh were confident in their skills, there was still a hint of tension in the air. 

"Alright guys, this is it." Oikawa started, as the captain it was his job to get his team hyped and ready for the match. But it was also his job to restore their confidence, make them feel like they could do anything if they really put their whole hearts and souls into it. "We're going to show those Kaisei jerks just who they're up against. We are Seijoh, we back down to no one! The moment we step onto that court, we show no mercy! Kaisei and every other team that challenges us will known that our team is nothing to mocked or looked down upon. I believe in all you, I know we can win this! Now, let's show them what we go!" The teamed collectively gave a frim, "Right!" back to their captain.

"But before we do, L/n-Chan has something she would like to say to everyone." Oikawa stepped aside for Y/n, who approached the team nervously. She cleared her throat and tried to ignore their eyes as she spoke. "I-I know things have been a little weird recently, I haven't stepped up as a manager like I promised I would. I gave you all my word and then I failed to make good on it, and for that I'm very sorry." She bows her head. "But, from now on, I'll be there for each and every one of you. I'll be here for this team like I should, I'll give you all my best, and I'll try harder every single day. Because that's what a manager does." She continued.

"Starting from now, you can rely on me. And I'll rely on you guys to win this match and many more like this." She gives the team a warm smile. "Good luck!" The team all felt their hearts flutter at her kind words. It was nice having a girl, a cute girl at that, cheer them on. But it was even nicer when she was this caring and appreciative of them. But secretly, Y/n would be cheering on Kyotani the most, and he knew that. 

The bell that would signify the beginning of the match was blown. "Now go out there and win!" Y/n tells them. "Yeah!" The team says in unison as they approach the court. 

The game was near it's end, and the score was tied, one more point was all that was needed in order to win this game. Things were starting to look slim for Seijoh, tension was clear in their movements. They were just as unsure as Y/n, who was on the sidelines watching with bated breath. She never knew volleyball could get so intense, she never understood why there was so much passion put into each match. But now she understood, she understood what it meant to be a part of the team, what it meant to have your teammates backs, and what it meant to support them all every step of the way.

The crowd watched as the ball was sent up into the air, Kyotani was the closest person to it. It was all up to him, to make that final hit, and win the game...

Kyotani took a running start, and just as he jumped he heard the encouragement that made him forget any trace of doubt in his mind. "Go for it Ken!!" Y/n cheered over the crowed. Kyotani yelled fiercely as he hit the ball with every ounce of strength he had. It swooshed over the net, and passed the opposite team member's head, right onto the floor. 

The whole gym went quiet, as the ref made the final call...The final whistle was blown...Seijoh, had won! 

The gym filled with the cheers from the crowd, Y/n included. She ran to the team who was currently celebrating their victory. She tackled Kyotani in a tight hug, he lifted her up and spun her around. "You all did it! You won!" Y/n kissed his forehead. "Of course we did! We're Seijoh!" Oikawa exclaims happily. "You guys were amazing! Congratulations!" Y/n tells them with a big smile. With a few more celebratory words, the two teams gathered at each side of the court, and thanked each other for the match.