(20) Turns Out The Anti-Athena Giant Isn't That Wise

Jason and Layla were fighting Enceladus side by side. While Jason was fighting with his javelin in the ground, Layla decided to fly and try to attack from above.

That didn't go exactly as planed. The few hits she managed at the giant's back did nothing but enrage him. He roared and turned to look at Layla. Not sparing a second glance, he hit her with his hand like someone would hit an annoying bug sending her to the ground a few feet to the right.

Her eyes lost focus from the fall but she could still see a few things from the battle. Leo and Piper struggling with the rest of the earthborn, Jason falling to the ground with his golden spear broken, Enceladus laughing and saying something about sacrifices.

She could feel the ground slowly swallowing her. She had to do something quickly. Using all the energy she had left she pushed her hands down and shot to her feet.

Her head was still spinning but somehow she managed to stand straight and walk towards the battlefield.

Leo had made the giant fall to the ground using some things from the construction equipment. Unfortunately, he couldn't be killed so easily. He stood up again and his wounds magically mended.

"Nice try." He said. "But I cannot be beaten."

"What is it with this guy?" Leo said. "Die, already!"

"My fate is preordained," The giant bellowed. "Giants cannot be killed by gods or heroes."

"Only by both." Jason said. Enceladus's smile flattered, for a moment he looked afraid. "It's True, isn't it?"

"You will not live long enough to try!"

"Anyone have a god handy?" Leo asked.

"Leo." Jason shouted. "If you got any rope in that tool belt, get it ready."

"Enceladus!" Piper yelled. "Look behind you!"

Her voice was so persuasive that the giant fell for a trick as simple as that. Jason and Leo tackled him to the ground using the rope.

"Get off!" The giant yelled trying to stand up but Jason held him down. The son of Jupiter looked at his sister expectantly. He was murmuring something. Layla realized that he was praying to their dad for help.

Then she saw her huge chance. Flying above the giant she dived and stabbed him in the back one more time. At the same time, the sky rumbled. Zeus was going to help them.

"Hit the deck!" Jason yelled. Layla tried to get away but her sword got stuck in Enceladus back. Lightning fell from the sky and hit the already weak giant.

Surprisingly, Layla was still alive after getting hit by lightning. And not only she didn't die but also, somehow, the lightning refilled her energy.

The whole mountain shook. When the smoke around them cleared up the giant was no longer laying on the ground. He was about to fall into a chasm that probably lead straight into Tartarus. The lightning had made hole in the mountain. The only thing that prevented him from falling were his to hands the had grabbed each side of the chasm. However his arms were trembling. He was weak.

Layla knew that if she stayed stuck in his back like that for a little longer, the giant would probably take her to Tartarus with him. She pulled her sword one more time and finally removed it from the giants back. He screamed in pain and let go of the one hand. Layla flew up and stood next to her friends.

"You've won nothing. My brothers are rising, and they are ten times as strong as I. We will destroy the gods and their roots! You will die, and Olympus will die with-" With one hit from her sword, Layla made him lose his grip and fall into the chasm before he could finish.