The Bitter Taste of Jealousy

The room was silent.

Kasanoda's face grew to the color of his face as he looked inside the room, no one was there. The bell rang signaling that he was late for the first class of the day. He laughed to himself, he was so eager to become Mori's apprentice that he ran straight there once arriving at school. He forgot that they were a club and met up after classes.

Kasanoda's shoulders slumped as he walked to his classroom, he was going to get detention either way so he saw no rush. He groaned, he just hoped it wasn't too long.

~~~

"What do you think, Haruhi?" Tamaki asked as he posed in his costume.

Haruhi was looking at Takashi, he picked up a spear, "Is that a prop?"

"Mommy!" Tamaki cried out as the twins laughed.

"He got totally blown off!" The twins cackled.

"No, here at the host club we strive for authenticity. However, we also try to respect traditions."

"Isn't that dangerous?" Haruhi asked as Takashi testingly thrust the spear before twirling it around a bit.

"Maybe in the hands of someone like Tamaki-"

"Hey!"

"-But Mori-senpai is a master. Surely you know that, given that you're his apprentice, am I right?" Kyoya asked as he adjusted the katana on his hip.

Haruhi smiled, "Yeah."

Tamaki perked up at seeing Haruhi happy. He grinned.

"I can do that too, see!" Tamaki said as he ran up to Takashi and reached for the weapon.

In a swift movement - before Haruhi could register what had happened - Takashi was holding Tamaki's wrist with one hand and the other was bent to hold the spear's tip away from Tamaki.

"S-senpai?" Tamaki asked nervously as he glanced back at the others.

He wasn't used to being put in a bad light in front of the others by Takashi. If it were the twins or Kyoya he would be fine with it and laugh it off but with Takashi, he felt like he was really getting in trouble. Not jokingly.

"It's not a toy," Takashi spoke, "It's dangerous in unskilled hands," Takashi said, letting go of Tamaki's hand.

"Aw, come on senpai. It's not like I'm going to swing it or anything, just pose. Here, let's switch," Tamaki pulled the sword on his hip off, "Everyone has a sword except you, a spear stands out much more than a sword."

"Technically, he's one of two people qualified to hold it. He got a real spear while the majority of us got prop swords because of that. As you recall, we respect traditions," Kyoya said. "Besides, with our usual greeting arrangement, I rather not lose an eye."

"The host club strives for authenticity! Why do I have a prop?"

Honey giggled, "Well only two of us have been trained in the way of the sword, it would be unsafe to have an inexperienced person wave one around. It's a whole tradition thing."

"Come on, Honey-senpai, trade with me!" Tamaki said as he turned his attention to the boy lolita.

Honey giggled as he in his body in the direction of the others, "What makes you think I'm the second person?"

"Well, who else could it be?" The twins asked, turning their heads to the side in confusion.

'Haru-chan!"

"Huh?"

Everyone turned to look at Haruhi who looked just as shocked as the twins and Tamaki. Takashi and Kyoya already knew so they did not react, as, for Honey, he looked like his usual cheery self.