Sweet Memories

"Haruhi-senpai!!"

Haruhi let out a small grunt as she was engulfed in a hug and twirled around.

"S-Satoshi, too tight!" Haruhi managed to wheeze out, tapping him with her gloves.

The giddy middle schooler let out a shy laugh as he carefully set her back down and released his death hug.

"Sorry," He said, laughing slightly. "I was just excited to see you! What're you doing here?"

Haruhi laughed softly at Satoshi's antics as she pulled her jacket back to its usual spot.

"I just finished hanging out with some of my friends from middle school. What about you? I mean, your flight barely arrived two hours ago," Haruhi said. "And Mori-senpai said your family was going to your grandparents."

Takashi had texted her as soon as he could, he told her that his plane had arrived but that he had to go to his grandparents for some meditation thing and Honey was going as well.

"Oh, the meditation retreat? I'm not allowed to do that until next year. Yasuchika isn't allowed either so we were just going to watch a movie and spend the day playing games. Want to join us?"

Haruhi smiled, "I would love to but I have to babysit in two hours. I might be able to watch the movie though."

Satoshi waved his hand, "The movie doesn't start for another hour. I was going to kill time in a cafe, wanna join me? Yasuchika isn't going to be here for a bit longer, he tried to sneak in but he got caught and he's on his way from there."

Haruhi shrugged, "I don't see why not. How was your vacation?"

The two of them started walking down the street to the cafe, "It was really fun! You should come with us next time! I took so many pictures, wanna see?" Satoshi eagerly asked, pulling out his camera.

Haruhi smiled, "Why don't we order first, and then you can show me your pictures."

"Okay!"

Haruhi and Satoshi ended up ordering some fruit teas paired with a muffin and slice of cake.

"I'm your senpai," Haruhi said, "I should pay."

Satoshi waved his hand, "It's fine, I did spring up on you unexpectedly. I'll pay."

Haruhi frowned, "But I-"

"My treat," Satoshi said as he handed over his card to the awaiting cashier.

Haruhi sighed as Satoshi took their receipt, he smiled at her, "You know, this cafe reminds me of one Taka-bro and I went to a few days ago. It even had a similar art piece to this one," Satoshi said as he pointed to a nearby painting. His eyes lit up as he smiled, "Oh! I took a picture of it, let me find it."

Haruhi smiled at Satoshi's excitement. He quickly flicked through his photos on his camera and Haruhi ended up getting their order while Satoshi scolded himself for taking so many pictures of the scenery.

As Haruhi set down the tray, Satoshi grinned and turned his camera to her, "I found it! See!" He pointed to the art piece that hung over the table they had chosen to sit at. "They look almost identical.

Haruhi looked at the screen briefly noticing the painting before focusing on Takashi who was in the shot. He was holding up a mug and there was a piece of cake with a strawberry on top but that wasn't what had caught her eye.

It was the scarf that was wrapped around his neck.

She smiled as she gently pulled off the red gloves he had gifted her, setting them to the side to prevent them from getting dirty while she ate.