Part 15

Lee raised his hand up and knocked on the door before he ran his hand down the back of his neck and let out a heavy sigh. Why was he nervous?

The door opened and your grandpa greeted Lee. "Sheriff, good to see ya'."

Lee nodded, "George," He stepped inside, "How ya' doin'?"

"Not bad, Sheriff." He closed the door behind him, "Y/N's out back, tending to the flowers."

Lee nodded, "Thanks, George. How's things? No more talk of sellin' the house, I hope."

George shook his head. "No. Thank you for what ya' did, Sheriff. Not sure how I'm gonna repay ya'."

Lee nodded again, "You gave me your permission, George, that's payment enough." Lee smiled at him before he excused himself and headed out the back door.

When he stepped out onto the back porch, he began grinning at the sight of you. You were in your yard clothes, some old denim shorts and a baggy blouse with a scarf holding your hair back as you dug around in the dirt. You had dirt across your forehead indicating you'd been wiping your face at some point and not realised, making Lee grin even more. Beautiful, he thought.

Lee let out a loud whistle as he made his way down the steps. "Hey, beautiful." He winked at you as you smiled up at him.

"Lee." Your eyes lit up upon seeing him. You held your hand up for Lee to help you up. Once you were stood in front of him, you reached up and pressed a sweet kiss to his lips as you wrapped your arms around his waist. "Missed you." You whispered.

Lee let out a heavy sigh as he wrapped his arms around you and rested his forehead against yours. "I know baby. M'sorry I've been workin' so much." He kissed you again. "But m'gonna make it up to ya'."

You pulled back and looked up at him. "Y'ain't gotta make it up to me, Lee. I understand it's yer job." You whispered.

Lee smiled lovingly at you as he reached up and brushed hair back off your forehead. "I know, baby girl, but that's why I wanna spoil ya'. For bein' my good girl."

Pride began to swim in your stomach after hearing Lee call you his good girl. You loved hearing him call you that, because you were his good girl.

"Oh," You blushed and lowered your face, smiling bashfully.

"So, what ya' say, Sugar? Can I take my best girl away for the weekend?" Lee began to grin once he saw your eyes light up and your smile stretch even more across your beautiful face.

"To where?" You asked excitedly.

"It's a surprise, Sugar." He smiled at you. "Just make sure to pack a swim suit." He winked at you with a teasing smile making you blush. "Or, don't... And have no tan lines." He wiggled his eyes brows as he smirked at you.

Your head fell back as you laughed at him. "I will if you will, Sheriff."

Lee's eyes widened before he cleared his throat. "Hmm, I best get back to work now, darlin'." He smiled softly at you as he reached up brushed his fingers across your forehead to move your hair back. "I love you, Sugar."

"I love you, too," You smiled at him before leaning up and pressing your lisp against his as you wrapped your arms around his neck, melting into his hold.

Once the two of you broke apart, Lee sent you a final wink before making his back inside the house to say goodbye to your grandpa before leaving.

You let out an excited noise and quickly began to tidy your things away in the back yard before heading inside to make a phone call.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~