Part 34

"Who's that?" Lizzy eagerly asked as you sat down.

You drew in a deep breath, "That's, Robert..." You said, looking out of the window with her, the pair of you staring at Lee and Robert as they continued to talk to one another. "He's an old friend of, Lee's... He's going to be, Lee's best man." You put on a fake smile as you looked back at her. "Isn't that great?"

Liizy bit her lip as she continued to look at them. "Hmm-uh, he's cute." She giggled.

Your eyes widened. "You think so?" You asked looking back out to Lee and Robert.

Lizzy hummed. "He looks like fun."

And everything else, you thought as you watched Robert tap Lee on the arm and point towards you and Lizzy. Lee began grinning as Robert raised his hand and waved. Lizzy let out another giggle and waved back making you roll your eyes. Great.
------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday morning - butt crack of dawn

You bent over with a huff trying to unfold the stupid table you'd been given to set up your cake stall on. It was the day of the church bake sale and Lizzy was late, leaving you to start setting your stall (and probably her mother's) up by yourself.

"Need a hand, Sugar?"

You stood up abruptly with a frown and turned to face Robert. "No, thank you."

You watched Robert roll his eyes and easily picked the table up, popping the legs out and standing it up.

"What are you doing?" You asked him with a scowl.

"Helping." He smirked down at you.

You huffed and walked away from him.

Robert quickly caught up to you as you made your way towards Lee's Cadillac. "C'mon, Sugar, let me help."

You rolled your eyes and popped the trunk of Lee's Cadillac. "I don't need your help." You said.

Robert chuckled as he looked at the stacks of cake boxes in the trunk. "You really wanna treck all these over by yourself?" He asked with a raised eyebrow and a smirk.

No, you didn't, but you didn't want his smug ass to help either. You huffed and pulled out a couple of boxes. "You really want to help?" You asked him.

Robert scoffed, "Fuck no. But Bodecker asked me to since he can't get here."

Your frowned, disappointment evident on your face. Although Lee had worked the late shift last night, he'd promised to join you once he'd caught up on some sleep. "Lee, isn't coming?"

Robert shook his head, "He got called back into the station. Asked me to keep an eye on ya'... Sugar."

You frowned, "Don't, call me that." You pouted and walked away from the Cadillac.

Robert chuckled. "And why not, Sugar? I like it. It's sweet... Just like you." He teased as he followed after you with his own stack of cakes.

You drew in a deep breath and turned to face him just as you got to the table. "Only Lee gets to call me, Sugar." You said and turned back around,placing the cakes down.

Robert chuckled. "Okay... How 'bout I call ya' somethin' else?" He said.

"You could use my name." You muttered making Robert smirk.

Robert rolled his eyes, "No fun."

"Whatever..." You sighed and looked down at your watch. "Look, if you're gonna be buggin' me all day then ya' can be useful. Can ya' keep emptying the trunk for me?" You asked.