02

"The losers club plus 1"

As both girls had arrived at the store and went to the pads isle they sighed. "Any idea what to get?" Beverly asked her childhood friend.

Evelyn shakes her head. "Nope, mom says everyone on her side of the family was a late bloomer."

Both girls sigh again. "Why don't we just grab a box and if it doesn't feel right we can get another one?" Evelyn suggested shrugging her shoulders.

Beverly nods. "Yeah ok." She grabs a box. Both girls moved to the next isle wanting to check out. But move to the next one upon seeing Greta. As they walk to the next isle they stop in their tracks seeing Bill, Stanley, and Eddie.

Beverly hides the box behind her back. "Y-you okay?" Bill asks looking at Evelyn.

She smiles at him and nods. "We're cool what's wrong with you?" She looks at all the things in Eddie's hands.

"Non if your business." Stanley says only for Eddie to spit out the truth.

"There's a kid outside who looks like someone killed him."

"We need s-some s-s-s-supplies but we don't have enough money." Bill says stuttering like usual.

Beverly looks at Evelyn. "Absolutely not!"

"Why not?" The red head asks her blonde friend. The boys confused.

"My mom'll kill me if she ever finds out i tried to flirt with an old man. Besides, he gives me the creeps. All does is stare at me when i come in here, look ill just buy it." Evelyn suggests.

"What about your mom looking at your credit card bill?" Beverly asked.

Evelyn smirked. "I have cash." She looked towards Eddie. "Come on." As she walks towards the boys Eddie hands all the stuff to Stanley, who hands it all to Bill pushing the boy to go with the girl. As they did that Evelyn grabs the box from Beverly taking it to the register.

Bill sets it all on the counter. "This'll be all Mr. Keen."

The man nods looking the blonde up and down. He scans the items as Evelyn turns to Bill. "So, where's Richie?"

"O-out side."

"With the other kid?"

Bill nods. "5.50."

Evelyn pulls out a 5 dollar bill and a 1. "Keep the change." She smiles as Bill grabs the bags and leads her outside. He hands her the bag that has Beverly's pads in it and smiles.

"T-thanks."

"No problem Bill. Besides it was for a good cause."

"Oh god, oh god, he's bleeding." The two look over in the alley to see Eddie trying to fix the new kid. Beverly and Stanley watching. And Richie grabbing something.

Evelyn turns back to Bill. "We should probably get over there." Evelyn grabs his hand pulling the boy along. "Are you okay? That looks like it hurts."

"Oh no im good." Ben smiles at her. "I just fell."

"Yeah right into Henry Bowers." Richie says looking at the blonde who is holding onto his best friends arm.

"S-shut it R-Richie." Bill says to his best friend.

"Why its the truth." Richie defends.

"You sure they got the right stuff to fix you up?" Beverly asks from her place beside Stanley.

Bill looks at Evelyn. "Y-you know w-w-we'll take care of him. Thanks again Evelyn."

She smiles at the boy. "Anytime."

"Maybe we will see you around." Beverly cuts in knowing Evelyn won't say anymore as she and Bill are starting at each other. She grabs the other girl's hand and start to pull her away.

"Yeah we were thinking about going to the q-q-query tomorrow." Bill says as he and Evelyn don't break eye contact. "If you wanna come?" He invites looking at Beverly and Evelyn.

Evelyn smiles. "Um." She nods. "Good to know."

"Thanks." Beverly finished for her pulling the girl out if the alley. "What was that?"

"He's so cute." Evelyn says as she glances at Bill over her shoulder.

Beverly shakes her head a smile on her face seeing her best friend so in love. "Besides i could you see the way you looked at Ben." Evelyn raised an eye brow at her friend who just playfully pushed her away.

——

On the way to drop off Beverly both girls had decided they would meet the boys at the query. Evelyn had walked home alone and went inside seeing her mom and dad at the kitchen counter. "Hi mommy, hi daddy." The blonde girl smiles at her parents.

"Hi baby." May smiles at her daughter bringing the girl into a hug. "How was the last day of school. I saw your project on the counter. It was beautiful."

"It was good. Me and Bev went to the store grabbed some things she needed."

Jack Richmond nodded smiling at his daughter. "Come here." He opened his arms. Evelyn immediately going into the hugging his waist. "I have work tomorrow but we can grab ice cream the day after ok?" Evelyn nodded.

Jack always tried to spend any moment he could with his daughter. Not wanting to miss her growing up.

So they all sat down for dinner and then went to bed. Evelyn excited for the next day.
——————————————————

Author's note
How do we feel about Bill and Evelyn so far? I know i suck at writing but please let me know if you like the book so far. Thank you for reading and ill see you when i update again. 👍
-Ella

 👍-Ella