04

"Camera's flashing"

                 "Camera's flashing"

Bill had been walking with Evelyn for about 5 minutes "hey thanks for walking me." Evelyn said as she and Bill walked, their bikes by their side.

"I-its nothing."

"Do you think Ben is onto something, like maybe he could figure out why all those kids go missing."

"Maybe, i-im not to sure."

As they walked up to the gate of Evelyns home she turns to Bill. "So i'll see you tomorrow?"

"Y-yeah."

Evelyn takes a moment, contemplating her movements. She pulls Bill into a hug, him going stiff but hugging her back a second later.

Evelyn kisses his cheek before pulling away and smiling. She puts the pin into the gate and it opens. The girl walking in and up the driveway. Leaving a stunned Bill.

——

That night as Evelyn got ready for bed she began brushing her teeth. "Evelyn honey." Jack peaked his head into his daughters bathroom and smiled at her. "Your mother and I are heading to bed."

Evelyn nodded. "Alright daddy, goodnight."

Jack kissed her head and went to his room. Evelyn finished brushing her teeth and went into her room. She grabbed her notebook and a pencil. She sat down at her desk and began to write down what happened that day. It was something her therapist had recommended to do when the girl had a lot on her mind.

And she did, she had Bill Denbrough running through her head. She was thinking about his smile and when Beverly said the boy was staring at her. All it did was make her smile.

Just as she finished and out her things away she heard a sound from outside her window.

Evelyn made a move to see what it was but was blinded by a bright light. Her eyes took a moment to adjust before she could see what it was. She looked again before seeing camera lights flashing from outside. When she looked away it stopped, so Evelyn looked back again only to see a red balloon with a clown holding it.

The clown smiled creepily at her before just disappearing.

Evelyn let out a shaky breath before closing the blinds and getting under the covers.

That night she fell asleep a little scared.

——

The next morning Evelyn had gotten a call from Beverly. The red head sounded scared almost. So Evelyn rushed out the door and biked her way to Beverly's apartment.

She saw Beverly sitting there and rushed up to her. "What happened? Are you okay?"

"I'll show you when the boys get here."

"No, the alley is so much faster." They heard Stan's voice, both immediately getting up and running down the steps.

"Awe man, she beat us here." Richie complained when he saw Evelyn.

"Duh, i was called first." Evelyn said as Bill smiled at her sass.

"I need to show you something." Beverly looked at every boy.

"What is it?"

"More than what we saw at the quarry?" Richie said.

"Shut up!" Eddie snapped. "Just shut up Richie."

"My dad will kill me if he finds out i had boys in the apartment." Beverly said as she shakes her head, discreetly looking at Bill and Evelyn who were staring at each other.

"Than we'll leave a look out." Evelyn suggested.

"Richie s-stay here." Bill said as he dropped his bike and walked up next to Evelyn. The boys following.

"Whoa whoa whoa, what do i do if her dad comes back?" Richie yells to his friends that started walking up the steps.

"Do what you always do, start talking." Stanley yelled making Evelyn bust out laughing.

"Good one Stan." She leans over and gives the boy a high five.
——————————————————

Author's note

So this one was kinda short. But the next one is when Mike comes in!!!! I love Mike so im super excited. Um let me know what you think if this book so far please, i would love to hear some feedback.
-Ella