013

"Pencils"

"Pencils"

The losers had spent the day at the quarry. Not one of them noticed how close Bill and Evelyn were.

Bill had been walking the girl home. They were laughing and talking. "Do you wanna stay for dinner? My parents would love to have you." Evelyn said as she and Bill held hands.

The boy nodded. "S-sure."

"Hey, you know what i just realised?"

"Hmm?"

"I owe you like a bajillion pencils." Evelyn laughed.

Bill looked at her surprised. "Y-you k-knew that was m-me?"

She nodded. "You were the only one who sat behind me in almost every class, plus Lynn always saw you lean over and put a pencil on my desk. So you were caught from the start."

Bill turned pink slightly. "O-oh"

"It's cute, and sweet. So don't worry. And since i always forgot pencils at home I didn't need to worry about it, knowing you had my back." Evelyn bumped shoulder with the boy who smiled at her.

Bill wrapped an arm around her as they walked up the driveway into her house. She knew her parents wouldn't be home for maybe an hour or so. "You have clothes you can out on right? Because my mom cam home yesterday with a bag full if clothes for you. I think she likes you more than me." Bill laughed and nodded. "Okay you can use the guest room shower and ill use mine."

Both kids went separate ways. Taking 10 minutes to shower, Evelyn got ready and met Bill in the kitchen. "Game?" Bill asked as he walked to her game closet pulling out uno.

Evelyn smiled and ran to the living room Bill trailing behind.

She shuffled the cards and they played at least 10 rounds before her parents got home. Bill won 7 and Evelyn won 3.

"Bill honey!" May walked in and saw the boy sitting with her daughter making her smile.

"H-hi Mrs. R."

Jack walked in from behind his wife groceries in hand. "Honey, groceries."

"Oh yes!"

Jack and May went to out the groceries away while Bill and Evelyn played another round. Bill winning. "Noooo why do you always win?"

"T-talent."

Evelyn laughs a little as Jack walks into the room. "What are we playing?"

"A nice, fun, relaxing game of uno." Evelyn answered as she moved next to Bill so her dad could sit down across from the boy.

"Honey i think we have different meanings for the words 'fun' and 'relax'." Jack told his daughter who just shrugged at him.

Jack shuffled the deck and they played a round. Bill winning again.

"How?" Jack says.

"He's has talent daddy." Evelyn patted jack on the shoulder while May and Bill laughed.

"Bill dear, what would you like for dinner?" May called out to the boy from the doorway.

"How about spaghetti Mrs. R?" Bill asked his best friends mom.

"Please Bill, call me May. You're practically my son." Jack laughs.

"Yes, son in law, i like the sound of that. Evelyn? Marry him please." Evelyn hits her dad upside down the head before looking at Bill and shaking her head.

"I don't remember asking for your opinion." Evelyn huffs and May laughs.

That night after May had called Bill's mom and made sure it was okay. Bill stayed the night with the Richmond family. They had watched a couple movies before falling asleep on the couches.

——————————————————

Author's note

The last chapter for IT 2017 is the next one. I just wanna thank you guys for all the love and support with this book. I wanna write a Jaeden Martell story, what do you think of that? Is it something your interested in?
-Ella

 I wanna write a Jaeden Martell story, what do you think of that? Is it something your interested in?-Ella