Chapter 1

Will was excited. He'd been at the cabin for a few days, and he felt like he could predict most of what Halt could throw at him. But this, this was a completely different situation.

Halt had just walked out from the cabin with a bag. Will nervously waited, and Halt casually made his way over. He reached his hands into the bag, but what he pulled out had Will appalled.

Halt pulled out a bright pink piece of fabric, completely at odds with the green, grey and brown cloak that Halt himself was wearing. He handed it to Will, and Will looked at it, confused.

He looked up at Halt. "This doesn't blend in with any surrounding." Will said.

Halt met Will's eyes, and Will could've sworn that he looked uncomfortable. "Exactly." He replied.

Will's look of utter confusion must've been question enough. "If you can blend in wearing that," Halt started, "You can blend in wearing anything."

"But what am I supposed to blend in with? The flowers?" Will asked, still very confused.

Halt could sense he was probably digging the hole he'd found himself in deeper and deeper, but he decided to press on. "If you think that's the best idea."

"But what about places that don't have flowers?" Will asked, his questions coming faster and faster. "What if the flowers are blue and not pink? What if-"

Finally, Halt gave up and raised a hand to stop the barrage of questions. He sighed silently, then explained, "Look, Crowley's got us on a budget and we're still working out the kinks. We had sacks, but we ran out a few years back."

Will's look turned from confusion to fear.

Halt sighed again. "Good luck."

~You're welcome to leave suggestions in the comments, y'all are funnier than I am.~