17. Headache

Thomas told everyone what he'd saw that night, the city, the train, and most importantly, Teresa

Thomas told everyone what he'd saw that night, the city, the train, and most importantly, Teresa. He couldn't understand why it had bothered him so much to see her in there, actually working for WICKED, working against them after everything.

"If we contact her, that's our way in." Gally said, leaning against the table and folding his arms across his chest.

"I dunno. How do we trust her after everything?" Thomas said, tapping his chin. "She got half of the Right Arm killed with one phone call, how do we know she won't do the same to us?"

"We snatch her off the streets and make sure she doesn't." Gally said. "You act like we're going to walk up to WICKED head quarters and ring the front desk for her." Thomas looked away, his eyes on the table that sat his friends.

"What? You're second guessing it now?" His eyes fluttered to Newt who had been sitting quietly up until then.

"Newt-"

"No, Thomas." He stood up and walked across the room so that they faced each other now. "You've been all for this mission until now, what is it, huh?" Thomas's back was pressed against the wall now and Newt's face was mere inches from his own. "It's her? She's the one holding you back?! You love her don't you?!" His eyes were filled of some kind of violence and anger that Thomas had never seen before. He furrowed his brow and felt his heart began to pick up speed in his chest.

"Newt, that's not true-"

"DONT LIE TO ME!" Thomas flinched as Newt slammed his hands on the wall behind him. "Don't lie to me." He said, anger still dropped from his voice. Then his eyes cleared and he looked away, dropping his hands to his side. "Sorry." He whispered, his eyes on the floor. He turned to the rest of the group, rubbing his forearm and clenching his fist. "I'm sorry." He said, and left the room. Thomas looked around at his other friends, hoping that they were just as shocked as he was. He excused himself and left to find Newt.

He found him sitting on the rooftop with his legs dangling over the side and his hand still on the same arm he'd always messed with. He must have heard Thomas approaching because he'd turned his head to look at him.

"Tommy." He said with a raspy voice. He sounded like he just woke up, but Thomas sat beside him with his legs over the side as well. "I'm not... I'm not well." Newt said slowly, his eyes on the wall that surrounded the city. "I suspected it for a while, but now I know." He pulled up his sleeve to show Thomas the black protruding veins on his skin. Thomas felt his stomach drop, he wanted to throw up, wanted to curse the heavens and whatever else may be out there.

"Why.." he covered his face with his hands and tried to hide the tears in his eyes. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Newt blinked, and refused to look at Thomas who's tears had failed to be restrained and were now trickling down his cheeks.

"I didn't really know. Not for sure. These showed up just after our little train fiasco and then I bloody yelled at you." Newt felt his voice crack on the last word and he closed his eyes, turning his head away from Thomas. "I think I knew for a while. When I punched Minho, or freaked out on Jorge." He was crying too now, an endless track of tears fell down his face. He'd only just realized that Thomas didn't know about the incident with Jorge.