Part 2

I sped up to get to where Mouth was standing.

M- heyy! What took you so long D?

My names D.J but my nickname is D I don't know why since my name is already a nickname but I like it, it makes me feel cool if that makes any sense.

D- what's up! Sorry I took so long mum slept in again today.

He looked at me then the ground and back to me again. "Hey that's all good" he said in a calming tone. I look up from the ground where I've had my gaze for a bit to long now and give him a punch to the arm and say thanks. We start to head to school.

Me and Mouth have known each other since we were born basically. Our mothers bonded really well when we were babies and we've been hip and hip ever since. When we hit middle school Mouth made two new friends and their names were Joey and Book. Joey had an older brother, Dal and we all hated him he thought it was fun to mentally and physically abuse Joey, which got me really angry. But Joey always let it happen and told us not to worry. Then there was Book, he was an only child who's dad was very strict and in turn his mother was his bestfriend for a long time. Book was the smartest of us all but I think sometimes he needs to take his own advice.

Me and the guys loved to play baseball every morning and afternoon, basically anytime we got then chance. Joey was our pitcher, Book was our catcher, Mouth was a fielder and I was our batter.

As me and Mouth made our way to school we walked passed the courts where we usually play ball and that's where we met up with Joey and Book.

D- Oi dingus' what are you looking at?

J- shut It D he'll hear you for Christ sake. Do you wanna die?

I walk up next to him and Book looking in the detection they are and I see the spot where we usually play is taken by a guy about our age. I couldn't quite make out who it was from so far away so I turn to look at Mouth, who was currently pressed against the fence staring at the boy in our spot.

M- what an asshole! What are we supposed to do now?

J- go to school you idiot, there's nothing we can do.

D- wait who is it I can't see from all the way up here!

They all stop and looked at me as if I were crazy. I paused rethinking my question, who could it be that scared the guys so much?? Then mouth says "D it's Hayes. You know the guy who could kill any kid he wants!" Book chimes in saying " Yeah did you not see what he did to Terry Stevens last year?" I couldn't even remember who Terry Stevens was let alone what had happened to him so I replied with "who was Terry Stevens?" At that moment Joey looks me dead in the eyes and let out the word "exactly".