Anniversary

Note: Takes place 5 months since the last chapter.

Just another normal day right? Well not for Boyfriend. Tomorrow was he and Girlfriend's anniversary, and it was killing him. He was trying to think of the perfect thing to do. Girlfriend was so special to him so he figured he needed to make it special for her. He cut the day a little early and ran down to the jewelry store. He bought her some new earrings and a necklace.

After that, he headed by the store to grab stuff for her favorite breakfast. Once all was done, Boyfriend headed home and unlocked his apartment, surprised to see Girlfriend wasn't there yet. It made things a little easier so he could put the stuff away. Boyfriend then relaxed on the couch and turned on TV.

Strangely enough, Girlfriend still didn't arrive so Boyfriend decided to check on her. He headed over to her parents house, rung and doorbell and awaited an answer.

The door opened and there stood her father, staring him down.

"Boyfriend, so glad to see you again," Daddy Dearest smiled and moved out of the way. "Come inside please," he offered.

Boyfriend walked inside and looked at Daddy Dearest.

"Have you seen Girlfriend anywhere?" Boyfriend questioned.

"Yeah, she just left to see you a few minutes ago," Daddy Dearest revealed.

"Oh." Boyfriend said stupidly.

Before Boyfriend could leave, Daddy Dearest put his hand in front of the door.

"Before you leave, how about we have a little talk," Daddy Dearest said.

"About what?" Boyfriend asked.

"See, I couldn't help but notice that tomorrow is you and Girlfriend's anniversary," He said.

"So?" Boyfriend asked.

"You see, in our family, an anniversary is bigger than you think," Daddy Dearest replied.

"I already got a bunch of stuff, I want to make it special for her," Boyfriend said.

"Unlike a human anniversary where you go out for dinner or whatever, in our family, it means proposal," Daddy Dearest responded.

Boyfriend was blank.

"It's to test whether you really want to spend your life with this person or not," Daddy Dearest said.

"But, that's so soon!" Boyfriend said.

"It sounds as if my daughter isn't that important to you," Daddy Dearest said.

"Of course she is, but marriage?!" Boyfriend exclaimed.

"If you don't do this, then I won't allow my daughter to be with you. It's a tradition in our family and it will continue to grow. If you desire to stay with her, you will propose, and if you don't want to, then my daughter will have to find another guy," Daddy Dearest said, getting in Boyfriend's face.

Boyfriend took a hard gulp and had to accept. If this what it took to stay with Girlfriend, it had to be done.

"Fine," Boyfriend remarked.

Daddy Dearest smirked and handed Boyfriend a stack of money.

"Buy her a ring with this," Daddy Dearest told him.

Transition to Whitty's Apartment:

"Wow, that's a big step," Whitty responded.

"I know," Boyfriend said, playing with his arm.

"What kind of parent makes their daughter marry so early, me and Whitty had our anniversary a few weeks back, thank God we don't have to marry," Carol replied.

"What am I going to do? I love Girlfriend very much, but marriage is a huge step," Boyfriend told them.

"Just because you propose doesn't mean you have to marry right away," Whitty remarked.

"What do you mean?" Boyfriend asked.

"Yeah, you can propose to her and wait until you both feel ready to marry," Carol suggested.

"You know what? You're right," Boyfriend smiled.

"That's my man," Whitty smiled.

"Did you get her a ring yet?" Carol asked.

"Yeah," Boyfriend beamed. He took out a diamond ring and showed it to them.

"Darn, that must have been expensive," Whitty said.

"$1,000, Daddy Dearest helped me with the first half, the other half was mine," Boyfriend smiled.

"You really do spoil that girl don't you?" Carol chuckled.

"Yeah....." Boyfriend responded.

Suddenly Boyfriends phone went off and saw a text from Girlfriend.

"Oh shoot, I gotta go," he jumped up.

"You do that, and make her happy!" Carol yelled.

"Yeah, what she said!" Whitty smiled.

Boyfriend ran out of Whitty's place and headed home, a smile on his face. Proposal would still be weird for him, but without worrying about marriage coming so fast made his mind at ease.

Boyfriend reached home and opened the door, walking inside to see Girlfriend sitting on the couch. As much as Boyfriend wanted to get this out of the way, he couldn't.

According to Daddy Dearest, he would have to wait until the actual day of their anniversary, tomorrow.

"There you are, you had me worried!" Girlfriend said running into his arms.

"I was just over at Whitty's," Boyfriend replied.

"Was something wrong?" She asked. Girlfriend knew Boyfriend mostly went over there for support.

"No, everything was fine babe," Boyfriend told her.

Girlfriend kissed his chin.

"Tomorrow will be a very special day for us huh?" She nuzzled him.

"Yeah, it will," he said holding the ring box in his pocket.

To Be Continued........

End Note: I'm back with this story! Until I finish it. While I work on this one, College Love will be withheld. Make sure to leave a vote and give your feedback down below.