Chapter 49B: The True Plan hidden deep

Tenma just stood stunned, looking at Brave who had the Halberd pierced through his abdomen, the middle point protruding through the middle "Achhh...achhh" electric sparks and small explosions sounded from the impact

"Brave!? What the heck are you doing!?" Judge called as Brave would punch strongly Judge's torso forcing him away...though the halberd was pulled out showing the hole left behind, Brave staggering 

"Tenma...is...is my...opponent...I won't...allow you to...hurt him...achhh"

"Brave...saved him?" Noire remarked just confused "He...pushed him out of the way and saved him. I...don't understand why though"

"I know Brave is an honourable person" Uni said "But any orders given by Arfoire he must follow, and one of her orders was to eliminate us. So I don't know if he's actually trying to help us, or keep Tenma for himself"

"Well if its the latter...he won't be fighting too well now" 

Tenma just stood, getting up "Brave...why did you...save me? Why did you..."

"Ahhhh...ahhh...because...I am...following my orders...young one" he replied taking out his sword but looking unsteady "my orders are...absolute"

"And...Arfoire told you to stop Judge killing me!? What's your deal?"

"There's a promise...I made...a promise I must keep for it is the core of what I am. If I disobey...I am nothing more...than a soulless husk" 

"What...? Wait so then..."

"Brave...are you that desperate to win are you?" asked Judge preparing himself once more "That you'll keep the prey all to yourself" 

"Its not about...ensuring I can only fight..." Brave replied "But...even if it means...defying our Master, I won't allow you...to harm Tenma here. To the pledge I made...I will be the one to defeat him"

"A pledge...a pledge to...who?" asked Tenma

Arfoire who continued watching from his home, looked irritated "So...its something else that drives you forward? No matter...weakened as you are, we can succeed in both missions. Judge...swat away the nuisance and wreak havoc. Let none survive!" 

"I will do that Mistress!" Judge charged in, Brave standing firm and jumped at Judge who block and deflected "Out of the way weakling!" and with a side-swipe smashed him into a window of a cafe before going to Tenma "And now for you Boy!" Judge aimed his Halberd "I missed you at Leanbox. Giving me the slip didn't you? Too chicken to face me!"

"Tch...you wish...ugly" Tenma said punching his fist on his palm 

"Hahahaha...you shouldn't be any issue. I bet Brave wore you down and I've been given orders to go wild too. So don't expect to hold back, like I didn't do on your town" 

"Same here...bring it!" Tenma began dodging and dancing out of the halberd before catching a thrusting Halberd, pushed backwards 

"I've...got you...now" but Tenma then held firm

"Try the reverse ugly! Uni!"

"You got it!" Uni called coming right down to Judge's head, the gun barrel before his head "XMB Emperor" and fired a beam at point-blank range sending Judge backwards as if falling

"Tenma...send him up!" Noire called with Tenma running to go under Judge's back

"Lightning upper!" and dealt a clean uppercut sending him into the air to Noire 

"Prism Slash!" she would deal what looked to be one slice and then double kicked him, as if to little effect before she snapped her fingers for countless blue slashes to appear and sending Judge hard into the floor.