Chapter 18: Spirit Broken by Sin

It was the aftermath of Makoto's painful tale, about her trip through the ruined depressed and infected of her and her brother's home. The story had left its mark on all the candidates, who seemed to now see the true scale of their mission. Tenma and Makoto had come round and calmed down "Are...you two...okay now?" asked Rom 

"Yeah, yeah I'm...alright" Tenma said to them looking a bit ashamed "sorry about the display there. I just didn't expect things to be...so bad to hear. Uni...thank you and sorry for .the inconvenience"

"It...wasn't that...inconvenient" Uni said to him "It just...I just thought as a Goddess I maybe comfort one of my friends. If it was alright"

"That and it can't have been easy to hear your Mom is one big me...me...ahhh..." Ram said panicking on her next word "One big...nest of trouble" 

"Still...ahhhh the whole thing confuses me" Nepgear said thinking "If it was indeed signs of corruption, that would make it sound like ASIC has the stronger control there. I can't help but wonder something else is at play here" 

"Either way...from what Chika said its not going to get any worse" Makoto said to them "And we've established a connection with Leanbox and no doubt Histoire and the others will make their plan"

Tenma would nod, looking quite down with Rom leaning down to check his face "If you want to...Tenma, you can go to Leanbox and help your home" she said to him "We...we understand if you want to go..."

"Well...yeah I mean his Mom lives there" said Ram to them "I mean with our Teacher okay now, we should be fine on our own. Tenma if you want to go, leave it to us"

"Yeah, yeah...we can do okay" Tenma just saw thier kindness and chuckled, rubbing Rom's head gently

"Thank you...thank you both but I'm staying here" he said sadly smiling "to help you in Lowee. Leanbox does sound to be in a mess but...I doubt they'd be much I can do except worry and get in the way"

"Brother..." Makoto said quietly 

"If that Judge guy is to blame...then we need to defeat him meaning...we need to get stronger" he closed his hand "Much stronger...to stop ASIC causing pain as they have been doing"

"I share the sentiment myself" said Uni to him "Right now...Lastation is in trouble too but there's not much I can myself either. If I get stronger, save my Sister and perhaps maybe get some help if you guys aren't busy...we can save Lastation together"

Nepgear decided to try and act positive "For now...let's do we can here. All us candidates are now together, My sister is in Planeptune hopefully coming up with a plan for Leanbox and Lastation, so let's work together to save Lowee and maybe find White Heart"

"Well...that shouldn't be a problem with us helping out" Ram said pounding her chest "We just spent so much energy looking after Teacher, that we got lazy but if we start fighting, save big sister then we can maybe help the other towns. I know that Big Sis will definitely do some good, she's super strong"

"Yeah, yeah" Rom said to them "And we'll do our best to help out too" Tenma would smile, laughed gently with a smile 

"Then...let's do what Nepgear said, do one thing at a time. Even if I went to Leanbox, I doubt I could do much...but maybe here I could gain the experience and allies I need to do so" 

"Count me in too" Makoto said to them "I'll help you find your sister Rom and Ram for as a Twin myself I know how important it is to find family"

"And then Uni..." Tenma said "Its your sister next, Black Heart"