3: Trust

"Hiccup needs our help," Astrid said, faster than I could ask what she needed.

I smiled. "I'm in." I followed my friends into the ring.

"If you're planning on getting eaten," Fishlegs said, "I'd definitely go with the Gronckle."

"You were wise to seek help from the world's most deadly weapon," Tuffnutt said. "That's me."

"I love this plan!" Snotlout said.

"I didn't-"

Ruffnutt interrupted Hiccup. "You're crazy! I like that..."

"So?" I asked.

"What is the plan?" Astrid smiled.

"Dragons," Hiccup smiled. Hiccup released the Monstrous Nightmare. He gently guided it in the direction of me and Snotlout. Nervously, I grabbed the knife hilt at my waist.

Astrid shook her head. "Uh-uh..."

I took a shaky breath and took my hand away from my knife. "Thor help me..." I whispered.

Hiccup led the dragon to Snotlout and grabbed his hand. "Wait!" Snotlout said nervously. "What are you--?!"

"Relax. It's okay... it's okay." Hiccup set Snotlout's hand on the dragon's nose. "Give him a name."

"H-Hookfang..." Snotlout chuckled as Hiccup stepped back. "Where are you going?!"

Hiccup picked up a saddle. "You're going to need something to help you hold on."

I swallowed hard as I looked at the Timberjack. I held out my hand to the giant dragon as it lowered it's head to sniff me.

"Don't be scared," Astrid said, petting the Deadly Nader. "She's not going to hurt you."

"Hi," I said to the Timberjack. Her size was making me kind of nervous. Would she know I'd had a vendetta against dragons until this morning? She put her nose in my hand. I let out an awkward chuckle at the feeling of her scales in my hand. It felt right. "Hi, Razor."

"Wonderful," Hiccup said.

~~~

"Ruff, Tuff," Hiccup ordered, "watch your backs! Move, Fishlegs!"

We flew over what looked like a loosing battle. Every ship was on fire and men and women were fleeing.

"LOOK AT US! WE'RE ON A DRAGON! WE'RE ON DRAGONS!" Tuff yelled excitedly. "ALL OF US!"

"Let's move it!" Hiccup yelled. "Fishlegs, break it down!"

"Okay! Heavily armored skull and tail made for bashing and crushing! Steer clear of both! Likely arrow proof! Small eyes, large nostrils! Relies on hearing and smell!"

"Okay!" Hiccup's voice cut through the wind. "Mouse, Lout, Legs, hang in its blind spot! Make some noise, keep it confused! Ruff, Tuff, find out if it has a shot limit! Make it mad!"

"That's my specialty!" Ruff said.

"Since when?! Everyone knows I'm more irritating! See?!" Tuff turned upside down and made noise.

"Just do what I told you! I'll be back as soon as I can!"

"Don't worry," Snot yelled, "we got it covered!"

"Yeah!" Fishlegs yelled.

Fishlegs was the first to find the blind spot only for the monster of a dragon to open another set of eyes. "Uh, this thing doesn't have a blind spot!"

I flew around the monster's head, noticing Razor was getting agitated from Snotlout and Fishlegs making noise. I stood up and jumped onto the dragon's head. "Go, Razor!" The Timberjack flew away from the noise.