Chapter 5

*********

  "I said be fast about it, what do you want to tell me?" He asked again, on the other end, Rosa put the call on speaker and dropped it.

"I said I am pregnant...I am carrying your child, Mr Evan" she said then sipped from her glass of milk.

She heard him sigh, "what are you going to do about it?"

"What? Me? How dare you?" He was so confused, frustration was beginning to set it in, even anger

"Well sorry dear...what are we going..."

"Shut up! Just shut the hell up!"

"Hey take it easy,"

"How am I sure that child you're carrying is mine, how am I sure you are really pregnant?"

"Well I got proof"

"Damn your proof whore"

Rosa shrugged, "I've been called worse, well FYI I'm just a stripper, you are the first of my clients that I had to sleep with. It's only because i liked you so much I didn't tell your wife about it. It would have cost a lot"

"How dare you? Is this blackmail? Is it what you're trying to do?"

"Just take a chill pill Evan, take it easy, stop raising your voice your wife might hear" she said.  Evan massaged his forehead, sighing.

"First I need to find out if you really are pregnant," he was calm now.

"I could send you the tests results"

"No, we are going to do this my way. We will meet up and I would take you to a doctor"

"Unless you bring the doctor to me, for all I know, you might try to kill me"

Evan scoffed, "what?"

"Well it's the truth" she said.

"Fine" he complied, then hung up.

.................................

  Things got blurry for a while, Evan couldn't think straight. He started coming home late...acting a little off.

He paid little attention to Tonya. At first, she thought it was stress from work. He wouldn't even talk to her, he wouldn't even touch her some nights.

"What is the problem?" She asked one night, he was lying on his side, turned away from her. She sat up with a sigh. "I totally don't get you these days Evan, what is going on? You don't touch me, you hardly even talk with me"

"I have know idea what you're talking about Tonya, ain't we talking now?" He replied

"That's not what I mean, we don't spend time talking till late at night anymore, You don't talk to me about your day anymore. It's like you've become so withdrawn" she complained, Evan sat up.

"I am sorry T. It's just, the stress at work. It's getting too much as days go by, we are expecting new investors so we're doing all we can to..." She stopped him with a hug.

"Don't worry baby, I'm sure it will be fine. Everything will be ok soon," he nodded, the guilt welled up inside him, but how could he tell his wife that another woman was carrying his child.

How could he tell her that the woman was the one dragging all his attention away and that he couldn't help it?

A month later Rosa's pregnancy began showing, she was about seven months gone.
"I hope you are ok" he asked, she bit into her burger nodding.