Dove

"What did you just say?" I asked her. Theres no way I heard what I think I did.

"I called you by your name. Give me a second, please. If you walk away now you will always wonder." She pleaded with me. I took a step back holding my hands up. This entire time, has she just been trying to hurt me? How does she know? Who the fuck is she??

"Please Bec, if were gunna do this, make it quick. I dont want to feel it." I said accepting my fate. The way this night has gone so far, I'm okay with it being my last. At least I get to look into the eyes of the woman i love when i die. No better way right?

"What? No, I'm not gunna fucking hurt you. I could have done that by now. No, Stacie, fuck Dove, whatever, I know everything there is to know about you, down to your blood type and horoscope." She said. I guess that takes care of one of my issues.

"And yes, I am a member in the cartel, pretty high actually considering I've been there since I was 6. I will not ever intentionally hurt you and I will do everything possible to protect you. I'm only telling you this because I planned to do this tonight anyway." She said like it wasnt an accident that it's coming out now.

"Bullshit. You wouldnt have said any thing until you had too." I told her giving her answer accusatory look.

"I dont care if you believe it, I just know its facts. I set this whole night to ask you to run away with me. No one will ever find us and we can live the rest of our lives together and alone." She says looking a little relieved to be done.

I grabbed my hair by the roots pulling at it stressful.

"Bec, for starters, you think you know me cuz you read some shit but you dont what my biggest fear, favorite color best childhood memory? You know my fucking name. That's it. And these people got me and almost killed me, what makes you so confident it wont happen again?" I asked her making her rethink everything she thought she knew.

"Okay, fine. I dont know everything about you, but I want to. From your mouth to my ears, I want to know it all. But in order for me to do that, you have to trust me. I dont no anything about you, but you dont know shit about me either. I'm not one to fuck with and they know it." She said back.
I thought this night would be over a lot quicker and end a different way. I let out a sigh and rubbed my eyes.

"Listen, can we just pretend this didnt happen and push it to another time. I'm drained, can you just take me home?" I asked with the plee clear in my eyes.

"Anything you want." She said taking my hands and dragging me back to the pier. When we finished the quiet walk down the now empty pier, we got in the jeep and took off towards my house. When we finally arrived the car has barely stopped a second when I'm peeling the door open. I shut the door and made my way to the front door.

About half way up the path, I heard Beccas voice.

"Dove?" She asked making me slow down to turn around but keep moving towards the door.

"Hmm?" I hum back to her, my exhaustion clear in my eyes.

"Can.. can I stay with you tonight? I dont want to leave you and I don't think I should be alone." She said honestly playing with her fingers nervously.

"I would say no if I had the energy to fight you. Come on." I told her nodding my head towards the house. She grabbed her keys from the ignition and rab behind me following me through the door. We both kick our shoes off at the door. And I go to the kitchen with Becca following me. I poured some juice and turned to her just watching me.

"What?" I asked her, getting kind of self conscious and sipping my juice.

"Nothing. Making you mine is not exactly how the night went. I'm sorry." She said looking at her fingers on the counter.