13. "You should fasten your seatbelt."

Skylar Brown POV

After Lewis left I fell asleep again. At 10 o'clock I was awaken by my phone ringing. It was El.

Call ON

Eleanor: SKYYYYYLAR!

I blinked really fast as she screamed.

Me: I just woke up, El...

Eleanor: I have great news. 

I got up quickly.

Me: Tell me!

Eleanor: You know that recommendation letter Lewis sent for me yesterday?

Me: Yes?

Eleanor: It must've worked, they called me like half an hour ago, I GOT THE INTERNSHIP!!!

Me: OMG, really? Congratulations! When do you start?

Eleanor: August 1st! I'm so happy!

Me: And I'm so happy for you, you deserve it, really. You know what? Let's celebrate, it's Friday! Let's spend the day together. Wanna come over?

Eleanor: Thought you'd never say that, I'm on my way!

Call OFF

El got to my house and we hugged.

Me: Congratulations baby!!!!!!

Eleanor: Oooh, this house smells of expensive perfumes. - She said as she looked around. - By the way, I brought cupcakes to celebrate! - she said as she set them down on the counter.

I took a photo of her and posted it.

Me: Yeah, actually I have something to tell you

Me: Yeah, actually I have something to tell you. - I grabbed her arm and lead her to the couch. - So, I might have news as well. - I bit my lip.

Eleanor: Does the news have to do with a certain race driver? - she raised her eyebrows and I nodded.

Me: We're officially boyfriend and girlfriend!

Eleanor: What???? Since when? 

Me: Since last night, Friday, the 19th of July 2019. He was so sweet, he gave a whole speech about how he knew this was soon and he didn't have an explanation for how he felt this way, but that his mother always says that that's how you know it's love and..- I sighed and smiled.

Eleanor: Awwwww, I have to give him my blessing now. My God, the way our lives are changing. You seem love struck, I love it. 

I jumped up.

Me: Oh, wait, there's one more thing. You and me, dear friend, are flying with him on Tuesday, we're going to the German GP, and we have paddock passes and Mercedes credentials.