Chapter 14 - Clearing Things Up, Sparring with Vergil

A/N: Okay I thought to myself that I have to clear things up. Because it's bugging me that you might have some misunderstandings. Hell, I can't even sleep peacefully like Kira Yoshikage did.

So, why did I rush the four members to confess? Remember that Ina, Gura, and Amelia had some past with Elvin? They also had shared some good memories with him, which led them to have a crush on him.

I'm planning to write about how Gura and Amelia meet Elvin later. And if you want to ask me why the hell they have a crush on him ranging from a hundred to thousand years, ask them.

For Calli, that was because he "saved" her in Chapter 2. And she had a crush on him since that night.

I suck at romance, but I'm trying my best here. Even though I'm bad, I can't bring myself to not do it. Please bear with me as this fanfic is how I spend my time in quarantine. And hopefully, that clears some misunderstandings.

Thanks for reading.

---------------------------------------------------------

24th December 11:00 AM

Devil May Cry's shop

Elvin's POV

"So… Is this what you do in your spare time?" I said as Dante, Vergil, and I took a bite from our strawberry sundae.

Now you might be asking, what were we doing? We were chilling on the rooftop while taking a seat in a plastic chair that Vergil offered from nowhere. Remember the plastic chair from Gura's picture in the last chapter? Yeah, that.

I took another bite only to realize my sundae was empty.

"Aww, man."

"Ha!" Dante mocked.

I grabbed a flag out of nowhere and waved it. In an instant, another sundae appeared. Dante and Vergil looked at me in shock.

"What the hell?! Where did you get that?!"

"What form of power is this?"

I simply smirked at them and took a bite of my new sundae.

"Meh. Just new power I obtained."

"Holy shit… Give me that, now." Dante demanded.

"Nope."

"I'll give you my Devil Arms."

"Nope."

"I'll give you my shop– Wait, scrap that."

"Elvin. Let's have a battle." Vergil demanded.

I looked at him. "Huh?"

"I want to see this new… power of yours. Call it… a spar. If I win… You will give me a new sundae."

I looked at Vergil in confusion. This man practically asked me for a duel because of a sundae. Nonetheless, I shrugged. "Sure why not. I want to do some tests as well."

"I will be replacing Timeskip-kun for now until he comes back. KING CRIMSON!"

"Ready?"

I summoned D4C as I and Vergil nodded.

"Sus?"

I and Vergil looked at Dante in confusion.

"Start!"

Vergil dashed as I sidestepped. I punched him a few times with the last blow staggering him.

"Hmm… This power of yours… I couldn't see it."