Chapter 1: Help

Eleven years…It had been eleven years and your father was still as abusive as ever. You ran up the stairs toward your room and slammed the door behind you. As you walked in to your bathroom you began to tend to enflamed skin on your right cheek, tears still flowing from your bloodshot eyes. “Damn it,” you cussed under your breath as your cheek began to sting. You look into the mirror with a sad smile on your face, “Just another fun filled day in the (l/n) household,” you thought sarcastically. You crawled into your bed and cried your eyes out remembering how eleven years ago when your were six your mother died of lung cancer and left you with your sad excuse of a father who was an alcoholic and to top it all off abusive as Hell. You cried yourself to sleep not knowing that a strange shadow was watching you from the window. The shadow looked at your sleeping figure with a sad gaze in it’s non-existing eyes. This wasn’t the first time the shadow had stopped by your house; it often came by to find that you had new bruises, but this time it had enough and was determined to save you from you own living Hell. After watching you for a few minutes, the shadow flew off. “The second star to the right and straight on till morning,” the shadow thought to itself. The shadow was flying off to home, the mysterious island in the sky, “Neverland.” “I have to tell Peter, hopefully he will understand,” it said to no one.