Chaper 3: Escape

You winced, you knew Dad had drank way too much tonight. You heard his heavy footsteps crashing up the stairs. You scrambled under your bed, tears rushing down your cheeks, awaiting the new bruises, knowing your teachers would ask what happened. Finally, you heard him at the top of the steps. Except this time, when he slowly opened the door, you saw something shiny. You gasped immediately knowing the shiny object was a knife. "So, this is how it ends," you thought. He stepped foot in your room, then you heard him close the door. He knew you would be hiding under the bed, he jerked your arm out from under the bed, and pulled your arm so hard, you screamed. He dragged you out from underneath the bed. You stood up and tried to run out, you were too slow and he yanked your hair back.

"DAD, STOP!!" you screamed at the top of your lungs, tears streaming down your bruised face. He grinned the worst smile, his teeth stained yellow from tobacco and alcohol. He pulled you back and punched you in the face, you cried out.

"Shut up, or the neighbors will hear," he slurred. You screamed as loud as you could, him telling you the neighbors could hear was good for you. He slapped you in the mouth with such force, it felt like he broke your jaw. You fell back holding your jaw, as your Dad came closer to me with the knife gripped tightly in his hand. As he put the knife to your throat the window blew open, and a boy, probably your age, was in the room. He had on a green tunic, blondish-brown hair, you have to admit, he's pretty cute.

"That's no way to treat a lady," the boy said.

"This is none of your business boy.." your dad slurred. The boy threw this purple dust on your Dad making him fall to the ground instantly.

You gasped, "Who are you??"

"I'm Peter, Peter Pan. I was wondering if you wanted to go to Neverland with me," he said with a grin.