Chapter 23

Jesses POV

After I asked Riot to promise to never die he just looked into my eyes like he was trying to read me before he answered.

"I promise that I will always come back to you." He said caressing my face.

"But I need you to promise me that you'll come back to me everytime you go on a run." He said never breaking eye contact.

"I promise." I said before going back to eating our food as we sat next to each other watching Netflix.

We mainly talked about everything and anything and continued getting to know more about each other as the day turned into evening until it was night.

And it still was storming the whole time which made it even more peaceful.

As we were laying in bed holding each other there was a bright flash of lightening before a loud bang before everything went black.

"Damn I need to find the flashlights and some candles." I said trying to keep my breathing under control.

I hate the darkness it tends to bring out my bad thoughts especially about my stalker and it doesn't help that he has a partner.

When Riot and I got out of bed I tried to find some pants but ended up tripping over my shoes.

"Ow damn." I said before I felt hands on me and by the sparks from the touch it was Riot.

"Are you alright baby." He said as he helped me up.

"Yes I just can't find my pants it's to dark." I said keeping a hold of Riots hands to help keep me calm.

"Come on I'll be your eyes." He said melting my heart with his words.

When I got my pants on with Riot still holding my hand he led us out of my room to get some flashlights and anything else we might need.

When we got downstairs I made sure Odin was ok and no surprise he was on the couch asleep.

That's Odin for you but he deserves to rest he earned it especially after everything he's been through.

"Ok I got a lantern, flashlight, candles." I said holding a flashlight looking at everything wondering how to get it up to our room in one trip.

"You really don't like the dark do you." He said as he looked at my assortment.

"No especially after everything that has happened." I said looking to Riot.

"Why don't we take the lantern and a flashlight and I'll keep the monsters away." He said taking the lantern then my hand heading back to our room.

"Ok are you sure you don't want to take another lantern." I said looking back at my assortment of lights.

"I'm sure trust me I got you." He said as we made our way back into our room before setting the lantern up on my desk and turning it on.

To me it wasn't enough light I wanted more.

"Come on now get into bed I still want to talk and get to know more about you." He said patting the spot next to him for me to get in.

Which I gladly did because being in his arms calm me down and not be so afraid of the dark.

When I got settled in his arms I started to feel a little less afraid a little.

But still afraid non the less.

"Ok tell me more about yourself I remember your brother saying how you've been trained by every military branches special forces.?" Riot asked as he tried to get my mind off it being dark.

"Yeah since my dad was a Navy Seal and went on a lof of dangerous missions that got the other military branches attention and they knew that I was his daughter.

And since they are starting to let women into the special forces they asked if they could test me and see how well I get through their training." I told Riot before looking into his eyes and noticed the pride swimming around his eyes.

"And you passed all of them." He asked even though he knew the answer to that question.

"Yes but you heard Ben tell you that when we fought.

You got some good moves by the way but I still won." I said as I smiled at him to show him I'm joking.

"That you did but I still won in the end." He said as I felt his lips on mine as I melted under his touch.

"And I wouldn't have it any other way." I said when we pulled apart.

"But I would love to teach you some of mine fighting skills I especially want to teach you how to fight a werewolf in wolf form." He said as he caressed my back.

"That's fair so I can defend myself no matter what." As I continued to melt under his touch.

"But lets hope you don't have to use the skills I teach you." He said as I felt his hold on me tightened.

"How are you feeling the dark not so bad anymore?" As he kept caressing me which helped me relax.

"Nope I'm completely relaxed." I said feeling my eyes start to droop.

"Hey baby can I ask a favor from you?" Riot ask looking at me.

"Yeah what do you need?"

"I know you want to return to the department in two weeks.

But I was wondering if you could run from home instead until we can resolve the problem with your stalker it would be easier for me to protect you." He asked looking at me hoping I would run from home.

"I was going to run that very idea by you." I said smiling because how intuned we are to each other.

"How did I get so lucky to get a mate as amazing as you that we are so intuned with each other" Riot said as he looked at me like I was some kind of goddess.

"Ditto." As I tried to keep my eyes open.

"Go to sleep baby I'll be here to chase the monsters away." He said as I shut my eyes letting the darkness pull me into dream land.

"I love you your my world." I heard Riot say before I felt his lips on my forehead.

"I love you too your my universe." I said as the darkness of sleep pulled me all the way to dream land.