9.

tw - self-harm, blood, mention of homophobia

Lily

November 20, 1975

It was one day before the big game. Lily was watching the practice, as usual. Remus, Peter, and Mary were there with her. Although, Lily wasn't necessarily paying attention. She was still trying to get glitter off of her from over two weeks ago. There had been so much glitter. That was something new she learned; the Black twins loved glitter. And Mary had insisted on putting this purple glittery stuff on her eyes. Who knew that it never went away?

"I never realized how attractive Cassie was."

Lily's eyes immediately widened. "What?"

"Ah, there she is," Remus said, giggling. "Cassie's beautiful, just don't think we're each others types, if you know what I mean."

Peter nodded slightly, trying not to make eye contact with any of them. Mary nodded too, and said, "She is beautiful, no doubt about that."

"That goes without saying," Lily muttered under her breath. She looked out at the field and noticed Cassie looking at her. They both grinned. This had probably been her best practice. There was no doubt that Gryffindor was going to win.

They were looking at each other for quite a while until Cassie looked down at the entrance. From that moment on, she wasn't doing so good. Her laps were slow. She missed every Bludger. Sirius was practically doing all the work. Lily tried to see who had ruined Cassie's performance but she couldn't get a clear shot.

"Okay, break!" James called out. He beckoned Cassie over. They were talking, or arguing. Either way, they both looked stressed.

"What the fuck is up with her?" Peter whispered, a slight worry in his voice.

"Hold on." Lily made her way to the changing rooms where Cassie had flown down. When she made it, she saw Emmeline Vance there. Had she been the reason?

"Cassie?"

"Fuck," she muttered, laughing, "Hey, Evans."

"I was wondering if you were-"

"Can you give me a minute? I'm sorry, I just need to do something."

Lily nodded. "Go ahead. I'll be here."

Cassie gave her a sad smile and walked over to Emmeline.

Cassie

"What the fuck are you doing here?" she asked, dragging Emmeline to a more private area.

"Look-"

"No. I don't need a stupid excuse. What are you doing here?"

Emmeline shrugged. "I always found you playing pretty hot-"

"Don't do that."

"Do what?" She smirked.

"Tell me what you want."

"Well, me and Christian broke up-"

Cassie scoffed. "So that was his name," she muttered.

"Uh-huh. And he broke up with me for some Slytherin. Try not to act too happy about it."

"I'm not," she stated. Although, she hated the small part of her that was. "So, what do you want?"

"You."

She scoffed again. "Yeah, piss off. I'm not gonna be your rebound."

"Oh, I see. Although, you would know all about rebounds, wouldn't you?" she asked, giving Cassie a look.