Number 5: Karaoke with a stranger

I go around the club looking for the guys and I finally stop the one in the pink hoodie. I run over to him.

"Umm hi" I say sweetly. Alex looks up at me, a drink in his hand and smiles.

"Hi" he says back.

What the hell do I say? Where's your friend so I can sing karaoke with him?

"Are you looking for-"

"Yes" I say. If I know his name, he's not a stranger. Not by my standards.

"He's over at the bar" He says pointing towards the other boy. I follow to where he's pouting and I see him. He smiles at the bartender and the light reflects off his eyes. All I can think is good god he's beautiful. I turn back to this guy.

"I'm Alex by the way" Alex says, holding our his hand.

"I'm julie" I say shaking his hand.

"You should go before some other girl takes your chance" alex says, waving me on to the boy. I nod and smile, then walk towards Luke. I slide into the seat beside him and ask the bartender for a coke, no ice.

"No ice? How odd" he says.

"It's not, if you have a can of pop. It never has ice" I say, not meeting his eyes.

"Fair point. May I ask why you were trying to sneak into the club?" He says.

"Just sounded like fun, but I am infact 21" I say, smiling.

"Sure you are" he says back with a smile.

Luke's POV:
"Dude just go talk to her" Bobby says, as I stare out from behind stage. The whorl performance I couldn't stop looking at her, there's just something to her that I haven't seen in a girl before.

"I don't even know her name" I respond, still watching her.

"You are hopeless and painful" Bobby says "now come on" we walk out from behind stage and Bobby directions me to the bar. We sit down and Bobby orders me a non-alcoholic drink. Not because we're underage but because I can't be trusted when I'm drinking. I get weird.

"Where is your ID sir?" The bartender ask. Bobby hands over his fake ID that is the most authentic one I've ever seen.

"Okay, enjoy" the bartender says handing him his drink. Bobby winks at me and goes to the dance floor where he is already surrounded by girls. Typical Bobby for you.

Then the girl, comes and sits beside me. She orders a coke, no ice and the bartender whips it up.

"No ice? How odd" I say, taking a drink of my sprite.

"It's not, if you have a can of pop. It never has ice" she says, not looking at me.

"Fair point. May I ask why you tried to sneak in the club?"

"Just sounded fun, but i am in fact 21. Means it wasn't sneaking in" she says, smiling at she holds the glass to her lips.

"Sure you are" I say, a smile forming on my face. I turn back and watch 2 drunk girls perform a Taylor Swift song horribly. I look back at Her and watch her as she laughs. She laugh is music to my ears, everything else drowned out by that angelic sound.

Karaoke!

"Would you be interested in doing a song with me? Give these girls a break from their career of butchering Taylor swift" I say, looking at her. She smiles and takes a drink of her drink before answering me.

"I'm sure they've got lots of bookings. We might save them some time" she says, another smile playing in the corners of her lips.

Every time she smiles, it feels like a gift. Like an award.

"Shall we?" I say jumping to my feet and holding out my hand. She nods and grabs my hand. We walk to the stage and wait for the girls to get off.

Once they're finally done, we get on stage.

"what song?" The person running the karaoke ask.
I didn't even think about this.

ummmm, why can't I think of any good songs????

"Something just like this by the chainsmokers" she says.

"Alright alright, let's hear it!" The dude says handing us mics.

Julie
Luke

I've been reading books of old
The legends and the myths
Achilles and his gold
Hercules and his gifts
Spider-Man's control
And Batman with his fists
And clearly I don't see myself upon that list

Wow she can sing, so so beautifully. I watch as she close her eyes and sings, making to crowd age her around the stage.

But she said, where d'you wanna go?
How much you wanna risk?
I'm not looking for somebody
With some superhuman gifts
Some superhero
Some fairytale bliss
Just something I can turn to
Somebody I can kiss
She smiles at me and we start to sing oftener, just like we've done this a thousand times before. Like we know each other, like we're meant to sing together.

I want something just like this
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo
Doo-doo-doo, doo, doo
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo
Oh, I want something just like this
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo
Doo-doo-doo, doo, doo
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo

Oh, I want something just like this
I want something just like this

I've been reading books of old
The legends and the myths
The testaments they told
The moon and its eclipse
And Superman unrolls
A suit before he lifts
But I'm not the kind of person that it fits

She said, where d'you wanna go?
How much you wanna risk?
I'm not looking for somebody
With some superhuman gifts
Some superhero
Some fairytale bliss
Just something I can turn to
Somebody I can miss

We get closer as we sing, I smile as I look into her eyes.

I want something just like this

Oh, I want something just like this
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo
Doo-doo-doo, doo, doo
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo
Oh, I want something just like this
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo
Doo-doo-doo, doo, doo
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo

Where d'you wanna go?
How much you wanna risk?
I'm not looking for somebody
With some superhuman gifts
Some superhero
Some fairytale bliss
Just something I can turn to
Somebody I can kiss
I want something just like this

Oh, I want something just like this

Woah, that was amazing. The crowd goes wild, screaming and cheering. Her smile becomes brighter than I ever imagined, lighting the whole room with her brightness. She hops off the stage, handing the guy her mic and going on.

I have to know who this girl is.

A/n:
I know it has been so long since I've posted, not a bunnnnnccccch of time but it feels like million years to me. I missed y'all so much and hopefully I'll be able to post more often. My whole life has just been nuts with school, church, work, and social stuff. It's quite a time.

Love you so so much and you are so important! -R

P.s. I got a message the other day asking why I don't spell anything right, it's because I type super fast and if the auto correct doesn't catch it then it doesn't get fixed. I usually do a quick run over of the part but nothing big, so it's basically unedited. I hope that answers those questions. I just can't spell lol