Getting to know him

We're walking along the sidewalk, Carlos resting in my hip with his bag of books hanging in the the same arm as him. It's me, Luke, Carlos, and Blake, quite an odd group.

"If he's tired, I can take him home" Blake says, gesturing to Carlos.

"I was gonna spend the day with him but the book store wore him out. If you don't mind. Let's get lunch first though" I say, stopping at this little cafe. Perfect!

"Okay, sounds like a plan"

"I'm starving, let's go" Luke says, taking my free hand. We all walk in and Carlos pops right up, like he was never asleep.

"How can I help ya sweetheart?" The waitress ask.

"Umm a table for 3 and a high chair for this one" I say. She nods and smiles, showing us to our table. I set Carlos down in the highchair and sit beside him. Luke sits beside me and Blake sits in the other side of Carlos.

After we eat, Blake takes Carlos and my car back home while I go with Luke.

"Maybe we cam have a movie night tomorrow?" I offer to Blake. He nods and I toss him my keys. I watch as he carefully moves Carlos, making sure not to wake him.

I made sure that Blake will cover for me because the last thing I need to for my dad to freak because I'm with a boy. I turn back to Luke and we start to walk together.

"So, I've told you about me. Tell me about you" I say, as we walk downtown.

"Not much to tell. I'm 17 and I don't live with my parents anymore. We had a bad fight and I left. I kinda drift around since this is kind of a new development. Obviously as you know, I have a band with my best friends. Like seriously, I would die for those guys. And I'm very interested in a girl" he says, mumbling the last part. I feel my cheeks go warm, knowing they are as red as an apple.

"What about school?" I ask, shamelessly wanting to know more about him.

"Los Felix Highschool I'm afraid" he jokes.

That's where I go! well, where I used to go.

"I used to go there" I blurt out.

"Really? How did I never notice you?" He ask, absolutely shocked "I mean I would have noticed someone like you"

There goes the butterflies again.

"It was about a year ago, I only made it through freshmen year" I say, as we arrive to the railing above the beach. It's a totally beautiful site, the waves crashing. Personally, I've always loved the beach and the fact that I get to live near one is even better!

"It's beautiful isn't it, very tranquil" Luke says, leaning against the railing as I am. I nod and we go back to staring.

"So Julie, what's next for today?" He ask.

"I'm not sure, haven't thought about it" I reply.

"I know, I heard about this swimming hole. Wanna check it out?"

"Why the hell not" I say. He chuckles and I grab his hand, practically dragging him to his car.

2 and a half hours later
"You know you didn't tell me the swimming hole wasn't anywhere near us" I say, staring out the window as the sun is starting to set.

"It was a trick Julie Molina, I wanted to spend more time with you" he says, a smirk plastered on his face.

"So there's not a swimming hole?"

"Oh there is, just about another hour away" i laugh, shaking my head.

"You are something else, Patterson" and then turn up the radio

*cue style by Taylor swift*

Finally, we pull up to the swimming hole and I notice there's other people there, whom are gathered around a small fire. I mean it is winter, but it's not too terribly cold. Luke parked the car and jumped out, then came to my door and opened it. I slid out of the car, taking Luke's hand. It then hit me, the icy cold weather. Where ever we are, it's damn cold here. I took a deep breath, blowing on my freezing cold hands together. I watch as my breath appears in the air in-front of me.

"Hold on" Luke says, releasing my hand and running back to the car. He pulls out a zip-up hoodie and hands it to me. I pull it on and wrap myself it in. He wraps his arm around my waist and we walk towards the group.

"Hey guys" Luke says waving at the group. Everyone waves and goes back to talking. We sit down, Luke and then me, sitting against him near the fire.

"Lucas, long time no see man" a guy with a red beanie says.

"Haven't had any reason to come here" he says, softly.

"Ah, you finally have a reason to come back I see" the guy says motioning at me.

"Where exactly is here?" I ask, receiving laughs from most of the group. Weird.

"Darling, this is right above lover-"

"Let's not" Luke warns. The guy gives him a confused look and then his face eases in understanding.

"What are we doing here?" I whisper to Luke.

"We're gonna swim" he whispers back. I throw my head back to look at him, seeing if he's serious or not.

"You're certifiably crazy if you think I'm swimming in the freezing cold" I say, still looking at him. He laughs and I feel the beat of his chest against my head. He wraps his arms around my waist just a smidge tighter and leans down, right next to my face.

"You only live once right?"

He then releases me and gets up, slowly. I watch as he takes off his shirt. HOLY SHIT HIS ABS
Then he removes his jeans and looks back at me.

"Come Jules, unless your too scared"

Jules, that's what my mom used to call me.
And that's all it takes for me. I stand up, slipping off his hoodie, then my shirt and jeans. The cold air hits my almost naked body, only covered by my undergarments.

"We're going swimming, hell yeah" the red beanie says. Everyone cheers and coos. I walk over to Luke and he takes my hand again. We walk to th edge of the cliff and I look down. Woah, that's a long way down.

"Come Jules, i would never let you do anything that wasn't safe" Luke says. Then without warning, he jumps into the water. I gasp as he hits the water, I panic for a second until he pops back up.

"The water feels great Jules" he yells up to me. I roll my eyes and jump in. I pull myself from the water and swim towards Luke. He smiles, wrapping his arms around my bare waist.

We just float around like that, the water splashing around us as people jump in. Totally aware of each other and unaware of everything.

And I thought this whole dying was going to be easy.

A/n: I'm sooooooooo freaking sorry it's taken me so long to post a part but I just haven't had the time. I really am gonna try to make more time for this. Just know I love y'all and writing so much so I won't ever stop lol

I hope you liked this part! -R