Number 4: watch the sunrise

We are on our way home, silence thick between us and only the music playing.

"Jules" Luke says, quietly.

"Hmm?"

"What's with this list of yours?" He asks me.

I should tell him......

"It's weird but since my mom died, I've thought a lot about death. I thought it would be good to make a list of things I wanna accomplish"

"Okay? Makes since. But why so eager to do them all?"

"I guess I just don't wanna waste my life doing pointless, unappealing things"

Yeah, what little I have left.

"I see that, but honestly why did you drop out of school?"

"Honestly, after my mom died it was hard. I mean everything, school, friends, life. I guess I just couldn't handle it, especially since I was known of the girl with the dead mom"

"I'm sorry Jules"

"I just think everyone saw me as that, maybe even Blake to a point. I lost all my friend except for him but that didn't stop him from becoming distant"

"I think people don't know how to process things like that..... they just try to ignore it instead. If I had known you then, just know I wouldn't leave you and I won't now"

"Thanks Luke, you're really sweet"

"That's what they say anyway" he jokes. I have another one of my sudden instincts.

"Do you have anywhere to be?"

"Huh?" He asks

"Do you have anywhere to be?" I ask again.

"Not really, why?"

"We should watch the sunrise"

"Julie, that's like hours away" he says, turning down the music and slowing the car down, pulling off to the side. I listen to the engine run quietly for a moment.

"And you think we can't occupy ourselves for a few hours?" I say, turning to him. I watch him consider for a moment, his face twisting as he thinks.

"You only live once right?" He says. I squeal in excitement and I lean over.

For a split second, I almost kiss his lips but my brain redirects me and I kiss his cheek instead.

"Thank you thank you thank you" I exclaim, receiving a vibrant smile from Luke.

He starts back driving again but slides his hand over, wrapping it with mine. We get into town and it's completely dark. It's like the whole world is quiet and it's just us.

"Maybe we could invite someone to hang with us?" Luke says.

Such much for just us.

"Yeah, I mean I guess I can text Blake and see what he's up to"

"Cool I'll message my friend Alex, he's my best bro. You'll like him"

"Yeah" I say, soooooo Unenthusiastically.

I pull out my phone and text Blake.

Me: Hey man whore

Blake: that wasn't very nice.

Me: cry about it

Blake: someone's sassy

Me: I'm kidding Blake

Blake: so how's lover boy?

Me: fine I guess, I can't tell if he likes me or not

Blake: ...... girl

Me: what?

Blake: HE KISSED YOU

Me: I kissed him

Blake: yeah and then HE KISSED YOU DUMBASS

Me: but he wants to invite you and Alex to hang out with us

Blake: maybe he doesn't know how you feel about him...........

How do you feel about him?

Me: I'm not sure

Blake: where do I need to be?

"We should do some night surfing, like at the beach. That'd be pretty fun, don't ya think?" Luke says

"Yeah totally"

Me: the beach, we're almost there

Blake: I'll be there in 10 minutes

Me: I love you

Blake: love you too

We pull up to the beach and I spot Blake sitting in the side railing leading toward to he actually beach part. He sees us and jumps off, running towards me and wraps me in a big hug. I smile, wrapping my arms around him and he slightly lifts me off my feet.

"How was your day?" Blake ask, putting me back to the ground.

"Oh it was great, we had a great time"

"Yeah, definitely" Luke comments. He moves closer to me and wraps my hand in his. I notice that Blake and Luke are locked in glares at each other, then his grip on my hand tightens.

Ummm what the hell do I do?

"Hey guys!" Alex says, approaching our group. He immediately notices what's happening and tries to help.

"Umm Luke, I got the boards in car. Come help me" Alex says, shaking him on the shoulder. Luke breaks the gaze and follows Alex. I let out a deep breath and smack Blake in the arm.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?" I snap at him.

"He started it, he stared me down"

"That doesn't mean you do it back, what are you? 5 years old?" I groan.

"I'm sorry, but now I know"

"Know what?"

"He totally likes you!" Blake says, with a smirk plastered on his face.

"How do you know? You haven't even talked to him"

"It's a guy thing, just trust me"
I roll my eyes at Blake, he can't be serious about all this.

"Sorry, I could only find 3 boards" Alex says from behind us. I spin around and give Luke a smile.

"I don't even know how to surf, y'all go ahead" I say

"You can come with me then, Blake and Alex can surf" Luke says.

Well okay then....

"It'll be quick, we'll be back in a few" Luke says taking me hand. We walk for what seems like forever, so far the beach goes out of view. I notice the sky is already starting to change colors, that means it's almost sunrise!

"Luke, where the hell are we going?" I ask, almost completely out of breath.

"You'll see, we're almost there"

HE LIED.

I already start to see the sun peak on the edge of the horizon.

"Come on Jules, we're gonna miss it!" He exclaims pulling me up the hill. We get to the top, finally.

My jaw literally falls open at the view.

"T-th-this is beautiful, so so beautiful" I say, staring. Like smiles at me and then he wraps his arms around my waist. I feel my heart practically beat out of my chest and those butterflies start up again. I look up at him and next thing I know, his lips are on mine.

A/n: what do y'all think is gonna happen?

I love you all, mwah♥️ -R