The Diagnois

Prologue:

My leg shakes as I anxiously tap the floor, waiting for an answer.

Just like my thoughts were shared, the doctors walk into the room. My father walks over to them and they walk outside.

I need to know. I walk to the door and put my ear to the crack where I can hear them.

"She has stage 4 lung cancer. I'm so sorry to break the news but in her condition, she has maybe a month. With treatment, we may be able to give her an extra month" the doctor speaks, his tone calm and sorrowful.

Me, on the other hand, scream as my chest feels like it's breaking.

I'm going to lose my mother to cancer. Fucking cancer.

I feel my knees buckle underneath me as I fall to the ground, sobbing. I feel a small body beside me, hugging me and I pull him close. I kiss Carlos' head and pick him up, as well as myself.

"Julie" my dad says and I can see the tears running down his cheeks. I run over and hug him.

We all stay like that for a while, the embrace feeling safer than anything. Neither us of wanting to let go.

"We're gonna be okay" my dad whispers and I nod.

All I can think is how I wish that were true.

A/n: and that's the prologue. I know it's short but it's there. I won't start this like legit till after royals is done but I wanted to put out the prologue