01. DAUGHTER OF THE SEA

━━━━━━━━━━🏹 T E U T A 🏹━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━
🏹 T E U T A 🏹
━━━━━━━━━━

Nothing had changed around the harbour, everything was just the same as it was three years ago. It was busy as usual, but everybody stopped what they were doing when they saw a red-haired woman walking towards an inn, accompanied by a tall handsome man they knew by the name of Cassian.

"Is that-"

"Saints!"

"No, it can't be ..."

Their voices whispered as they stared over to the pair making their way closer to the establishment. The Crying Raven had good whiskey, okay beer and bad food but the prices were cheap. Only pirates and privateers went in and out, for business deals or a quick stay in between contracts. Others went there to look for a job on a ship.

"Teuta?" Somebody called out and the young woman turned her head to the left.

"Nice to see you, Jonas." She nodded over to the old fishermen with a warm smile before she opened the door to the inn.

"It's her, Back From the Dead Red!" Jonas called out and the crowd started to talk louder.

"Word will spread quickly ..." Cassian behind her noted, following his friend into the building. "Hopefully nobody around here has a grudge against you since you have officially returned."

"Maybe I should colour my hair, so I don't draw a lot of attention."

"I know a Grisha who can do it permanently. She's usually at the hostel down the street."

"I'll go to her later," the young woman said, looking around the room. "And where are your friends?"

"Over there!" Cassian pointed over to a group of people laughing and drinking at a table. "You'll like them, all good men and women. They're eager to meet you, I've told them a lot about you. Hence why Sturmhond wants you on his ship for the upcoming jobs. Come, I'll introduce you!"

She followed him over to the table where he greeted everybody. A tall man with the same shade of red in his hair as Teuta got up from his seat. His nose had been broken a few times, but it appeared like he didn't care about it. Others might have asked a Grisha to fix it. Curiously and excitement showed in his face when their eyes met.

"Sturmhond, this is Teuta Delahaye – She's the best First Mate you'll ever meet. Teuta – meet my blood brother Sturmhond."

He held his hand out. "Pleasure to meet you, Miss Delahaye."

"Likewise, Captain." She shook bis hand. "Cassian said you need a few people for the next three months."

"Indeed. Our common friend told me it would be wise to have you on our crew. The payment is 100 kruge per week."

"150 and I'm in."

Sturmhond raised his eyebrows in amusement. "Oh, you're already changing my plans – Can't wait to work with you! But alright, 150 it is. Only for you."