Chapter 13

Sam's POV:

Ughh.

I slowly open my eyes to be met with the sight of Jessie sat on Mag's lap both of them asleep. I look around to see Emma sat in a chair asleep and next to her is Pernille who is also sat on a chair but she is on her phone.

"P". I mumble.

Pernille looks up. "Hey". She whispers and gets up and sits at the edge of my bed.

"What happened"?

"You were on your bike and someone crashed into you".

"Oh, how long have I been out"?

"Well you left at three and you still weren't back at four which is when Emma called us to get to the hospital. You were still in surgery when we got there and Jamie didn't wake up till about twenty to ten. Then at half ten, Dr Shepherd got Jamie to switch and that's when we found out you were flatlining so they took you back into surgery. Emma had gone to tell the team and she called me at about half twelve and I updated her on everything. Then she came back here and at about half two Dr Shepherd brought you back here. Everyone was asleep apart from me so they don't know you're back or awake. It's now three o'clock in the morning so you did well at waking up". 

"Wow".

"Yeah".

"Do you know my injuries"?

"Yeah. You've broken your right collarbone and you've also damaged your spinal cord. Dr Shepherd said you will be able to walk again as it wasn't a complete injury. So you will be resting for a while and then doing a lot of physio to walk again as well as to use your arm again". It was then that I realized I could barely feel my legs. I put my hand on my leg.

"Yeah, the doctor said you might not feel them much for a little while". I nodded.

"Do you know who crashed into us"?

Pernille looked down giving me my answer.

"P, who was it"?

"Dansby Swanson. Mal's boyfriend". She said.

"Do you know if-". "No". Pernille said cutting me off. knowing what I was going to ask.

"Okay".

"Are you okay"?

"Not really. I'm not going to be able to play for a while and I have to learn to walk again. And my sister's boyfriend caused this. I'm not angry at Mal though".

"Yeah and why not"?

"We just said we don't know if it was her idea or his so I'm not going to be mad. I am going to call her though".

I don't give Pernille any time to stop me as I reach onto the bedside table but can't find my phone. I look at Pernille and give her a look.

Pernille nods. "Yeah, it's completely smashed". She unlocks her phone and hands it to me. "You're paying for the extra charges". I nod and call Mal.

She answers straight away and I put it on speaker.

"Hello"?

"Hi, Mal".

"Sam"?

"Yeah, it's me".

"Are you okay"? I knew there was no way mal would ask that if she didn't know of what her boyfriend did".

"Fuck you, Mal".

"Sam it wasn't my idea".

"But you could still have stopped him".